Improvements list for SmartRules and formulas
I posted the following lists of improvements for SmartRules and formulas in response to a question. While most of these have been posted in this forum as individual ideas by me and others, it was suggested that I consider posting the consolidated list as a single "omnibus" Idea in its own right. Thanks to everyone who suggested any of these ideas:
- Add an additional Topic field to identify which topic(s) will set the trigger (with "This Topic" being the default)
- Include topic attributes such as topic level, colour, fill, etc as triggers
- Include tag colour as a trigger
- Include a "Does Not Exist" option for Task Progress, the same as the one available for Task Priority
- Add an "ONLY ONE condition is met" option when there are multiple criteria, ie, the equivalent of an XOR
- Add an "Apply this Rule to Specific Topic Level" option under Advanced Options.
- Make Start and Due Dates available as a date number in formula Task Attributes similar to the way in which Excel can handle dates
- Also make topic properties formatted as dates or times available as date numbers
- Make Topic Level available as a Task Attribute
- Add an XOR equivalent (ie, ONLY ONE alternative) as an operator
- Allow changing the name of a source topic property used in a formula to optionally apply to all other topic properties in the map so that the formulas don't have to be manually edited (the MAP add-in offers a feature which does something like this).
- Greater integration between SmartRules and formulas
- Provide a greater range of topic attributes and task types that could be applied when importing spreadsheets via the Excel Data Mapper
- Provide all the above features in the Mac version and ensure full equivalence in both SmartRules and Formulas between the Windows and Mac versions.