Sign in on start-up since last update

matt j. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

On Windows 10. Since the last update, ~every few days when I start MM, the sign-in screen pops up and I have to sign in to launch the application / validate licensing. Any suggestions?

Replies (2)

photo

Hi Matt,

MindManager tries to save your login credentials so that you don't need to sign in over and over again. There could be something blocking that from happening. Can you provide more details about the update you are referring to? Was it a MindManager update, a Windows update, or something else?

photo

I was referring to the minor MM update that came out recently. I already had v21 installed and now it is at version 21.1.231.

photo

Hi Matt,

We checked with Engineering and nothing has changed in regards to authentication between 21.0 and 21.1. Please try launching MindManager, then manually sign-out and sign-in. Let us know if you still see this issue after a few days.

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Thanks, will try that and let you know.

photo

So far so good - haven't had to sign in again for the past week and open it daily.

photo

Thanks for the update, Matt. Glad to hear the issue appears to be resolved.

Best,

-Marian

photo

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear to be resolved. It happened again, then I did a complete uninstall / re-install, and it continues to happen.

Is there a possible issue with VPN or going through a corp network and a proxy configuration? Not sure if it's all done locally.

photo

Hello,

we have the same problem. MindManager won't save the user login credentials. Could it be a recently Windows update, that blocks it for a normal user? We don't have a problem with an admin account (but different proxy configuration).

photo

Hi Matt and Andreas, would you be available to meet with our QA team to investigate the issue in your environment?

photo

Sure.

photo

Sure, we are already in contact with the support team [MindManager #2961348].

photo

We found out that MM uses first the WinHTTP proxy configuration on start-up and later the normal Windows proxy configuration. Is that new? Maybe MM can't handle it, if you set different proxy configurations (WinHTTP, proxy script and proxyserver).

photo

I created a support ticket: 2968112 and will work through that channel unless I hear otherwise here.

photo

Thanks Matt and Andreas, please be sure to tell support to forward your issue to our product & QA team for a conference call if they are not able to resolve it.

photo

Please share the resolution of this since I also am having to sign in frequently.

photo

Yes - I've been asked to sign in twice in three or four days.

photo

Unfortunately, I don't have any good info. Somehow it seems to have resolved for me and I haven't had this issue reoccur in a month or so. I think(?) I changed the proxy setting to No proxy, but not sure. I'll change it to the Windows default and see if the problem arises and report back.

photo

Our solution was that we got an offline version. The advantage of this is that we no longer receive annoying advertisements.

photo

Update: after changing the proxy setting to Windows default, it prompted for sign-in again. Correlation != causation, but it's a possibility. Changing back to No Proxy as that seemed to solve it for me.

---