Add AutoCalc/ Formulas feature on Mac OS

David G. shared this idea 3 years ago
Voting Open

Hello

I see that there is a feature I really would like to use but I see it’s missing on my Mac version of 13.2.204. It is: MindManager AutoCalc. It should be in the Advanced tab. Does this feature not exist on MAC OS? If not, When will it? It’s such a vital feature.

Replies (10)

photo

Hi,

Currently we do not have a way to roll up properties such as number and currency from lower level to upper level.

This feature is certainly in our roadmap but I can not promise the time frame.

There is an ability to share ideas in the community and I would like to encourage you to add this as an idea and have all our loyal MindManager users who are passionate about this feature to upvote it.

Thanks,

Shilpa

photo

Hi Christian,

We do not have the ability to add and edit formulas to a topic or branch in MindManager on Mac. Currently, we only support formulas, added from the Windows platform, in read-only format.

This is one of the items we have added to our roadmap. And I have also added it to our Idea section of the community. I would encourage you and all other loyal MindManager users who are passionate about this feature to add their voice and vote for this feature. Which helps us prioritize better.

https://community.mindmanager.com/topic/77-can-rollups-include-formulas

Along with Vote can you also share how are you intend to use this feature?

Thanks,

Shilpa

photo

A tricky interims solutions is possible if using a map produced in Windows platforms with the relevant formulas. In that case it is possible within Mac versions to copy the entities update the labels and the values.

photo

Can someone create a map in the Windows version with the most common mathematical functions and make it available here. Then you could at least help yourself with copy past in the meantime in the Mac version of Mindmaps!

photo

It is a good idea to create and upload such a map. I will do this next week.

photo

Good Idea, thanks! possible to add also % on your formulas?

photo

Hi Christophe, yes, thats include if property type Percentage is used. You will find the details in this threat: Properties, Formulas and Calculations in MIndManager : Knowldege dashboard | MindManager User Community Support Forum

photo

You're the best

photo

Hi David,

Thanks for your feedback. We do not have the ability to add and edit formulas to a topic or branch in MindManager on Mac. Currently, we only support formulas, added from the Windows platform, in read-only format.

I have added this functionality in our roadmap. But I can't promise on when it will be added inside product

I have also added it to our Idea section of the community. I would encourage you and all other loyal MindManager users who are passionate about this feature to add their voice and vote for this feature. Which helps us prioritize faster.

https://community.mindmanager.com/topic/77-can-rollups-include-formulas

Along with Vote can you also share how are you intend to use this feature? What specific properties would you like to be included in formulas.etc..

Best,

Shilpa

photo

Hello Shilpa,

As an active user, I create vision maps for other students I tutor for our projects related to design principles. Each student has multiple projects happening at the same time. Each project has expenses and income elements. It would be useful if you had the ability to nest the function to place a dialog box inside a concept map that has a income, expenses and net sum and have the ability for higher level clusters to auto sum from lower level clusters like how the windows version does.

Best,

David

photo

Does this makes sense?

photo

Yes David, It makes sense.

Thanks for providing the use case. I have converted this post as an idea. I would encourage you and all other loyal MindManager users who are passionate about this feature to add their voice and vote for this feature. Which helps us prioritize faster.

Regards,

Shilpa

---