When will MindManager 2022 be released?

carrotchou shared this question 2 years ago
Discussion Closed

According to the law of previous years, the new version of MindManager is generally released in September. Why hasn't MindManager 2022 been released yet?

Replies (4)

photo

I have the same question.

I'm looking forward to the release of mindmanager22.

photo

I heard in November.

photo

Very good news.

I'm looking forward to waiting for it.

photo

Release yesterday - see my post at the end

photo

Corel decided to quit with the release date end of September, what I personally very appreciate. No more need for a service pack after two months of publishing the major release.

MM22 will arrive within the next weeks. Beta-test are closed, but beta-users can still access and test the new features.

Marketing machine is about to start. Be prepared 😉

btw: think about switching to the subscription model, if you are still in MSA or UPP programme

photo

What are the advantages of the subscription model over the MSA, given it costs around twice as much?

photo

Hi Alex,

MSA includes (only) MindManager Desktop, Go/Snap and an unlimited free viewer.

Subscription includes all MindManager apps - Desktop (win & mac), teams and more to come

If start as a new client I suggest to start with the subscription.

MSA-clients may get an offer to switch to the subscription. This is under discussion.

photo

Thanks Andreas.

I'll wait to see how the new release is packaged, but the subscription appears to be aimed increasingly at users in a corporate environment where features such as teams integration and co-editing are relevant - and this target market seems to be reflected in its cost.

Currently the MSA option with Go, Snap and publishing is about the right level for individual and small business users. I think the price is still a bit high, bearing in mind that it is roughly equal to the annual Microsoft subscription which gives you seven different programs, but it is tolerable.

However, I think many individual users would baulk at paying double for the subscription. This is unfortunate, as I suspect that even within large companies MindManager starts with one or two individual users who become enthusiastic proselytisers for the program within their organisations.

photo

in comparison with other online mapping tools, the prize of the new subscription is very fair. Check mindomo, mural, mindmeister, xmind, miro, ...

I'd never start with a MSA or UPP again.

All my new SMEs and single users started with subscription within the last 12 months.

PS: for enterprises the prize could always be lower

photo

Please ignore this post - I was just testing my login

photo

I have been a Mindmanager user for many years now and to be honest I hate subscription and cloud versions. I dont know what MSA or UPP stand for but I guess I own any of the two. I was also a loyalist of iMindmap and use it as complement for its free form of creating maps but when they move to this subscription and cloud model they lost me. I hope Mindmanager don't change this and start to scare away lots of its users.

photo

MSA = service contract for enterprises (=MindManager Service Agreement)

UPP = yearly update an support for single user (=Upgrade Protection Plan)

you can stick to your service plan you have. You can buy MM Desktop and if you want you can add the UPP or buy upgrades to new versions when ever you want.

The subscription model includes updates, support and all MindManager versions they are available now and in the future.

Most of my clients work with MS Teams and the want an easy way to collaborate with maps ind within mindmaps. The subscription is the easiest and cheapest way the get everything you need for that.

Regards,

Andreas

photo

Any news?

photo

very soon

photo

Hello, I am confuse if Mindmanager desktop version has any new update this year? I have a license for 2021 which I have yearly upgraded for many years now and now I received an email about a "new version" of Mindmanager Professional. Is this the new version for 2022? If I already have a license for version 21 and I want to upgrade how this is gong to work?

By reviewing the information I don't see big changes or new features except the co-editing and collaboration platform which may not be my top priority. Can we expect something esle coming for MM22 as we usually have in past years?

Any fresh news what we can expect?

Thansk!

photo

I really hope it's talking about the current version ...

photo

Hi,

MM22 Win and MM14 Mac were released yesterday.

Release Notes für MM22 Win

Release Notes for MM14 Mac

Most important feature is the co-editing possibilities from every platform without a need to invite others and you can work in maps from the supported cloud services: OneDrive, SharePoint, Box, Dropbox, Google Drive.

The NEW MindManager Web was also released - https://app.mindmanager.com/

Ugrades!

If you have MM22 Desktop and you don't need the co-editing or the Web-App, start an update with the UPP-Service. That's the cheapest way.

If you want to have the MindManager Suite including all the different MindManager Apps, switch to the subscription model = EUR 169,- or 169,- exkl. VAT a year

Regards, Andreas

photo

I try to login to MidnManager APP but it tells I do not have a license for the products.

I've a UPP subscription. There is a "Insert license" field: but I've not received any serial yet.

When will it be sent?

photo

Hi MC, you need a subscription license for the new MindManager Web App. Your UPP includes the Desktop-App.

Since MM21 and the user activation there will be no more keys send. Check the date in you user account

https://cloud.mindmanager.com/account

Regards, Andreas

photo

So my UPP subscription cover only the desktop app?

And where I can download it?

If I'm right, it will work only with my login

photo

UPP covers desktop and updates. Yes, you login is the key. At the moment the log in can take while.

MindManager Product Download Library

photo

So from what you said before If I just decide to "upgrade" to MM22 I may not experience any visible changes from the current version I am using MM21, so what is the point to upgrade? SOrry to ask this question but I am feeling a bit dissapointed. I normally use MM every day and I budget and wait for the end of the year to see what new feature the next version has to offer, but this time I start to feel MM is looking for other type of customers.

photo

Before installing MM22: can I continue to use MM21 even if I install MM22?

Or it will be de-activated?

I've several plugin that I do not plan to upgrade: I need to mantain MM21 alive.

I'm on UPP plan.

photo

Hi MC,

Yes, version 21 and version 22 can be installed side by side. You can use them both at the same time if you choose to do so.

photo

I tested MM22 in those days. I think that it cannot be called a "new" version: it is at most a maintenance release.

If I had to pay for an "update protection plan", I think it is appropriate that an "update" that can be so called there is at least once a year.

And sure the collaboration features are interesting, but I don't think they serve all users. There are many aspects of MM that could be improved for all.

photo

Hi MC,

in my opinion it's one of the most improved versions ever. Ok, you can't see any brand new features, but which features are missing?

The enhancements of the rendering, filtering, SmartRules, moving topics is crucial for everyone who works with large maps. The bug in the multi-map search was fixed.

Co-Editing in maps using standard cloud services is a milestone.

MindManager Web and HTML5 takes it to a completely new level.

Don't forget this MindManager Suite concerns all MindManager Apps:

• Windows 22
  • Mac 14
  • MM f MS Teams
  • MM Web
  • MM Go/Snap
  • Co-Editing

You have UPP? Ask the sales teams for a switch to Subscription

Regards, Andreas

photo

@Andreas: "MSA-clients may get an offer to switch to the subscription. This is under discussion"

Interesting. I've been a Mind Manager customer since the early days and have upgraded via the Upgrade Protection Plan (UPP). I am glad to hear that "MSA-clients may get an offer to switch to the subscription" - UPP needs to be included in any such offer.

I have been having what I would diplomatically put as a long discussion with MindManager (via Support) about long-term, loyal customers who have been paying UPP year-on-year for decades being let down and locked out of functionality.

In the haste to switch to their newest subscription-based model they seem to have forgotten they already had existing customers on their original subscriptions of MSA & UPP. Support have been unable to provide any cogent answer as to why, so I have asked this issue to be escalated within the organisation to provide answers and aks what will be done to accommodate that most loyal set of customers.

photo

Hi James,

you don't have to switch to the subscription. You can stay in UPP an receive the latest desktop updates when ever they are released.

If you want to work with a new and additional version, you should buy it 😉

photo

H'lo Andreas

How UPP has always worked - pay the yearly subscription fee have access to the latest version. The clue was always in the name Upgrade Protection Plan - a plan to protect access to the latest upgrade... 😎

photo

Hi James, I've been having a similar conversation about these issues via the forum. It might be worth having a look at this, and in particular the reply I received from MindManager and my response to it. https://community.mindmanager.com/topic/753-if-i-have-a-msa-or-upp-what-features-exactly-am-i-getting-and-not-getting

photo

I would suggest that anyone with an interest in MSA or UPP add to or keep themselves updated on:

https://community.mindmanager.com/topic/753-if-i-have-a-msa-or-upp-what-features-exactly-am-i-getting-and-not-getting

photo

Duplicate post - deleted

---