MindManager Go Editing

Blair Y. shared this idea 3 years ago
Under Consideration

At MindManager we have been looking at adding editing to MindManager Go.

Please vote for this if you would find this useful.

If you have thoughts on the capabilities you would like, please post a reply.

Thanks

Replies (10)

photo

Really, really necessary! Basic editing is enough at the moment (create new topics and edit topics).

photo

To start with (ASAP):

• Outline view!
  • Basic task management: check done, progress, change priority, create new...
  • Basic topic editing: create new, move, tags, notes...
  • Option to create a direct link from home screen to a map (or at least make it possible to pin maps in MindManager Go start screen!)

photo

Great Idea.. because if i use my Android Tablet Outside the Office it would be great If i could directly Edit:

- Work ist done

- remarks to a task

- create new tasks

photo

I would also very much appreciate basic functions like note taking, adding pictures (i.p. from screenshots), basic task management. Relying here on third party tools won't strengthen the user experience and usefullness of the whole Mindmanager suite as its strength is integration of different sources and information into one dashboard or overview.

photo

Today it is a must to have an app available - not to only view maps but to be able to work with them the same as you do in the desktop version... Mindmanger does a really bad job in this regards.

I really can't remember how often I stopped myself right before clicking "Buy" in a webshop of another mindmapping vendor only because he does support this fundamental feature. At least I always stopped because the other tools don't have the same huge feature set as Mindmanager has in the desktop version - and maybe because I use Mindmanager since versin 3.1... Looking at the desktop version - for me Mindmanager is the ultimate tool. But until this universal usage functionality isn't implemented, I'm scared another developer will make it. IMHO the best alternative tool is iThoughts. Maybe that it does not support all the features of Mindmanager, but it works in both worlds, desktop AND mobile. And it has all level of the work relevant functions - in desktop and mobile as well - and there are lots of them. It's a really brilliant tool, full of features that are really important - besides all the gimmicks Mindmanager additionally offers, especially since version 2021... And don't forget, that iThoughts is a one man show and Mindmanger/Corel is a concern... Dont get me wrong - I love Mindmanger and don't get tired to promote it. But I do not understand why Mindmanager/Corell does neglect/ignore the App that hard. Especially since MM already had an app. Ok, it was a nightmare to work with, but - it was a beginning. I can't see that MM does work in this direction any more...

Think at least iThoughts will make it. Really sad...

photo

Yes, at least some basic editing functions are needed NOW. I have also been looking for other options, but haven't found the right replacement yet. There are perhaps some workarounds (other apps for mobile that can edit MindManager files), while we wait MindManager. I tried to write about the topic, but got my message censored :-/

photo

I agree that MindManager dropped the ball on mobile app development, and also that iThoughts is a great example of a no-frills cross-platform mind mapping program. However, iThoughts has the advantage that it actually began life as an iOS app, with the Mac and Windows versions added later. This means that it's easier to keep its look, feel and capabilities consistent across platforms. However, to support this the developer has kept the feature set relatively limited.

Mindmanager has a vastly greater feature range in its desktop versions, especially Windows, but now has the task of trying to determine which of these it should squeeze into its new mobile version. Just as importantly it has to design a usable and attractive interface for editing (an area where the old iOS version didn't exactly shine). It's unlikely that MindManager will ever achieve a completely interchangeable cross-platform feature set, but it could learn a lot from iThoughts' capabilities and interface about what works on a mobile platform.

photo

At least my problem or let's say my "lack of understanding" is, that MindManager (afaik) has never commited in the recent past to develop such app version at all - or does anyone know anything about a roadmap for MM-Go, where an editing functionality has been adressed? As everybody in this thread already stated - nobody expects to have a fully interchangeable cross-platform feature set version of MM-Go. Not in the first run, maybe never - although iThoughts shows with its amazing interface that this is possible to have an easily usable mobile version of a complex and feature rich software...

So what does MM prevent from being able to do the same? Nothing! My fear/sorrow is, that they just don't want and have their focus on whatever else... Of course it's there decision and of course I could easily switch to whatever other modern mindmapping software and shut up. But as said - I love MM and would love to stay! Today, ways of working changed for so many people due to actual technological capabilities - technology is no longer a limiting factor. Being able to work on your files and documents wherever you are is not only essential, it is possicle and (sadly to say) already supported by so many competitors in the market... Mindmanager completely oversleeps this development...

As said, being a contented and satisfied customer since version 3.1 and still completely committed to MM - it is so sad to watch this development...

I'm convinced that if MM does not react immediately and full throttle - they will fail and others will overtake their position...

photo

Wat would be great if we can also access maps via a private URL as a storage space rather than only the 5 public cloudsites mentioned.

photo

Hi Arnout,

If you are using a different storage solution you can still open those files using MindManager go, but you need to send it to MindManager Go through the provider's interface.

photo

Hey dear Mindmanger-Team,

Blairs petition now has impressive 24 Votes!!! Absolutley No.1!

My question to you now is - what will you do? It's the most favored wish of your customers.

Are you at Mindmanger now focussing on developing this functionality?

Best regards

Dietrich

photo

Without this feature MindManager suffers greatly. Need seamless movement from desktop to mobile. What good is MindManager Go really if you can only view a map...Every time one views a map, one is inclined to add, update, improve. If MM could do this they would be better positioned against competitors that are moving quickly in this space. Do not delay.

photo

For me this is a non question. Of course I want to work together online in mindmaps. I want it for years. Tried different mindmaptools for this. Unlucky there is no equivalent for Mindmanager otherwise I would be gone as a customer.

photo

Coediting is available. Not for free, since it uses an add-in. See the other post.

https://community.mindmanager.com/topic/463-co-editing-with-clients-and-associates

photo

Hello Mindmanager! Three months in silence - any news on this topic?

photo

Hello Mindmanager! Four months in silence...

photo

Dear Mindmanager Team,

beside all "complaints" – it‘s great that you have this channel in place and ask what your customers wishes are! An honest BIG THANK YOU! for that! It demonstrates that you care!

Since this voting is open now for over five months and especially THIS idea is the leading one in votes by far, I have a general question about this channel (in regards to not only ask your customers but listen).

On the one hand I'm just wondering how long this idea will stay in the status "Voting open" and when you think about closing? Is there a general date for closing all open ideas for development or is it an individual process for each idea?

And on the other hand how does the count of votes impact your development? Will you focus top down by votes or how is your development influenced by your customers wishes? Does it influence at all? Your product – your development, no question/doubt. And as said, it's great that you ask. But…

It would be great as well to hear what you think of these ideas! So that this channel is no longer an one-way road… Do you consider implementation at all? And it would be nice if you could find some language if not…

Looking forward to a reply

Mück

photo

Dear Mindmanager Team,

I'm really sorry to say, but after continuity of silcence/ignorance - I'm done with you.

I'm checking this page every day to see if there's an answer from yours - each and every time without any news/reply... No answers to my questions, no sign of interest to go into discussion at all - all input seems to be unseen or at least uncommented or waived...

I really hoped that this channel is a place where we (Users) could discuss with you (as Developers) our actual problems/wishes in regards to the future of Mindmanager - always keeping in mind that you as the product owner are the one to decide.

But - how can it be, that all attempts to get some reply from you stare into space?

Can you imagine how frustating this is???

So - Cheers to all in this channel!

Bye to Mindmanager

Mueck

photo

Hello Mindmanager! Six months in silence - any news?

photo

And hello again, MindManager team! Seven months in silence - any news?

photo

With the web version already here just guessing they're looking for a way to implement this and make it part of the new subscription plan(s) or charge for it as an upgrade. First there was the free mindjet app (outdated but it worked and had editing capabilities). Then they removed it and made Mindmanager Go (wich will also become only open for the new subscription plan(s) somewhere in the feature). If I have a MSA or UPP, what features exactly am I getting in MM 22 - and not getting? | MindManager User Community Support Forum. At this moment I'm hoping that the Mindmanager GO application will stay available for a couple more years for user with previous versions before MM22.

photo

MindManager team! 10 months gone - any news?

---