Outlook & user profiles

JamesAK shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I understand that MindManager uses the default Outlook profile to send tasks and appointments to. Is there a way to direct MindManager as to which user profile to use?

It is already possible to send and link Outlook items from different Outlook profiles to MindManager (even in the same map).

If that is or is soon to be possible then can or will one be able to redirect existing MindManager->Outlook tasks and appointments from one Outlook profile to another?

Thanks in advance.

James.

Replies (3)

photo

Hello James,

The MindManager Outlook integration only works with the default profile. You will need to change the default in Outlook in order to send tasks and appointments to other profiles.

"If that is or is soon to be possible then can or will one be able to redirect existing MindManager->Outlook tasks and appointments from one Outlook profile to another?"

The workaround for this is to disconnect the Outlook topics in MindManager and resend the tasks once you change the default profile in Outlook.

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Evening Marian

I've disconnected the Outlook topics in MM but when I go to send them back to Outlook both the "Send Items to Outlook" and "Microsoft Outlook as Tasks" options are greyed out (i.e. unavailable).

I've successfully sent a newly-created topic across. Disconnected it from Outlook in MM and get the behaviour above when I try to re-send it.

Deleted the task in Outlook and tried resending from MM - same again. Have also run the MM Repair in Control Panel to no avail.

Any ideas?

Regards

James.

photo

Morning

I surfaced my latest issue into a new topic, because I don't know if Marian is around today and I need eyes on this as it's holding me back.

https://community.mindmanager.com/topic/527-unable-to-send-mindmanager-topics-to-outlook

Regards

James.

---