Bring back Power Select either in its own right or as a Power Filter option

Alex G. shared this idea 35 hours ago
Under Consideration

The issue of the disappearance of the Power Select feature in MindManager 24 was recently noted in a question on this forum: https://community.mindmanager.com/topic/2818-did-mm-windows-24-get-rid-of-power-select.

I support the calls to bring this facility back. While filtered topics are also automatically selected, as I noted in an article on how to use Power Select it is helpful sometimes to see and work with selected topics in the context of the whole map with all other topics being visible. Markers and formatting such as fill and font colours can also be applied to the selected topics and their effects more easily assessed if the rest of the map isn’t hidden.

The Power Filter can be slow on large maps, whereas Power Select always seemed faster.

I suggest that the Power Select facility be bought back in its own right, or at the least a "Select only" option be added to the "Show", "Fade" and "Hide" options currently available in the revamped Power Filter. The slow speed of the Power Filter in very large maps also needs to be addressed

Leave a Comment

Attach a file