Did MM Windows 24 get rid of "power select"?

profkang shared this question 2 days ago
Discussion Open

I know that there is now a power filter pane. But that only has the "show", "fade", or "hide" options. There is no "select" option.

Power select is very useful for selecting all the topics with a certain attribute (e.g. a specific color) to change or delete all at once. Suppose you've been hilighting with a few yellows and want to select all of them and apply a single yellow color for consistency? Previously, we could just use "power select", click on all the yellows to select, then apply the final yellow color. Or if certain notes to self were in color blue, one could power select the blue and delete them before sharing the map with others or in a presentation.

But now, that function is gone? Perhaps using the new filter pane >> "show" >> selecting all >> then applying some new attribute could work, but on very large maps, the show filter is unusably slow.

Was this an accidental deletion of functionality? Is it hidden somewhere non-obvious? Could we get it back? Thanks.

Replies (4)

photo

Oh no. Power Select is gone 🙈

Please bring it back. This is one of my most needed functions 😥

photo

Hi Profkang, yes, sadly Power Select is gone from the Select button on the ribbon and doesn't appear to be hiding anywhere else.

However, as you indicate you can use the new filter pane to select topics. In fact, if you filter using "Show" it appears the filtered topics are automatically selected so you don't have to use Select all, and you can apply an attribute just to these topics. Furthermore the topics appear to retain selection even when the filter is cleared unless and until you click elsewhere in the map.

At this stage I don't have any very large maps so I can't test how slow the filter is with them. While I would like Power Select back, if this isn't possible the next-best option might be to seek faster performance with the Power Filter.

photo

I voted for your idea 👍

photo
photo

Thanks for the engagement. Yes "show" does present a workaround but because it either hides or fades all topics that do not satisfy the query, there's a lot of delay inflicted on the user for large maps. Seems like an odd oversight that could be easily fixed on the filter pane by offering a "select" button.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file