I missed local files and cannot open them.

Motoki W. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I'm using MindManager solely on the web with the Essentials license. Since today, suddenly,

local files have disappeared and I cannot find them. Please show me how to recover my local files on the web.

Replies (6)

photo
2

How about some warning next time?! You could have put a pop-up for people using local files for the past couple of weeks or something. How about enabling MindManager files by default in parallel with the local files for a bit, and then getting rid of old way once its stable, so if there are problems people can go back to old way whilst you fix them etc.

Seriously, do you have any concept of engaging with your customers before doing this sort of thing?

photo
2

Hi, you're entirely missing/avoiding my point. It's not about the functionality change, but more about how your org. went about it...

I understand if you hack the HTML you can bring it back (at least temporarily) - that's a dire user experience, why not just make both available for a temporary period with a warning in red (anyone suffering bad experience will be no worse off)

Having to look at support forum as to why a major piece of functionality has been removed - that's a dire user experience

Having to join a beta programme to find out about upcoming features - that's making me do your job for you, you can easily have a noticeboard pop-up on the app itself as and when appropriate (I, probably like most people, just use the app and don't look anywhere else, it's a useful tool, no more)

Thanks for offer, but no desire to be part of beta programme.

Please pass on the above feedback to appropriate people

photo
2

Hi, I also have need to access local files I for some reason have issues using cloud storage. I lose connection when my laptop (Mac) goes to sleep and I have several times lost work and getting error message as in attached picture. Any one else that have that issue?

bce0d98e87f40e6e3303cd32e7cb8e60

photo
1

In the step of No.5. (Delete "display:none;" and press Enter), the message that means "This function has been disabled by the MindManager administrator. For further information, please contact the IT department at your place of work." appears and cannot be deleted this command. What should I do?

photo
1

What is this fool solution ? a joke ?

It's not acceptable.I think I’ll leave my MindManager subscription .... and let your management do whatever they want.. ;-)

---