File size/Print size

DR W. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I am aware that it is possible to specify paper size when printing a map. However, This will simply squash everything in the map into that paper format. I would like to be able to create a map with the proportions of the paper size that I am going to choose. To do that, there needs to be some way of limiting the dimensions of the map on-screen, for example, by having print guides in inches or centimetres, as In Photoshop and Illustrator.

Does Mind Manager have this function? I cannot find it. Could the Mind manager team please add this function in an update? it would be very useful.

Replies (2)

photo

As a workaround you could include either an image in the map background or a rectangular background shape which is the same proportions as your printing area. This would act as a guide for map layout.

photo

Thanks very much. That is helpful. I will use this workaround for now and look forward to a measured grid system in an update to the program.

photo

Hello,

To request this feature, please submit an idea here on the MindManager Community. Users who find value in this enhancement can vote on it and if we receive enough votes, we will consider the enhancement for future versions.

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Dear Marian, well, I have already submitted the idea, in this discussion, and you, as a member of the Admin, have noted it. So, perhaps, as a member of the admin, you could now, as part of your job, submit the idea formally, according to your desired protocol. That would save me the work, seen universally as undesirable, of doing the same thing twice.

photo

Dear Dr Wren Akasawa,

Your idea may be useful to you but not for everyone who is using MindManager.

And I must state that the -quite arrogant - manner of your response is not acceptable. We are not used to respond to others in this community as if these others are our employees, nor that their time is less valuable than yours.

photo

Any arrogance that you perceived in my response is entirely in your own mind and not in my mind. I was merely trying to be helpful while not wasting my time by doing the same thing twice.

I appreciate that my idea might not be useful to everyone who uses Mind Manager, but that is beside the point on two counts: (1) I fully accepted the notion of the previous poster that suggestions made by users are put to a vote, and (2) there will be all sorts of features in a program that are useful to some people and not to others; the idea is to include features that a significant number of users will use, as is demonstrated by the notion of the previous poster to put suggestions to a vote. Please note that the foregoing comprises dispassionate reasoning and in no way is the product of an arrogant mind.

photo

I accept your apology.

photo

Okay. Let's move forward in a happy, positive frame of mind. :-) Have a good day.

photo

Hello,

have you tried to to create Slides of branches? This is for me the easiest an fasted way to make prints. To do this follow these steps:

Create a new slide

6f77b1e6ad5b94047c64c63015095e27

A new .mdeck file (Slide deck) is automatically opened

ee92b872c5e4c2af56c2a368a5cc5e73

You can set-up here the Aspect Ratio

5732e81d3e91e28efda0141fcef51620

The blue margin is the page boundary and can be adjusted

fa601f9f6d6d7fd24bae9a829caffe60

After adjusting the page boundary I recommend to Pin the page boundary

0e454a813ad580e040dfd602167cf608

Other topics branches can be also be send to the Slide deck

0522c944bf53c0ba01024b2ec3a99415