Select Multiple Text Items and have an Auto Width/Wrap Format Option

gslade_2 shared this idea 2 years ago
Voting Open

When I paste multiple text items, I want to be able to select them and choose how many lines I want the text of each item to automatically wrap - some text items will be a single line length, and some will wrap across four lines by default. Currently, I need to go to each text item and drag its width until the text wrapping is across two lines (e.g. vs the four by default). When there are a number of text items I've pasted into a map, this is a waste of time. I want to be able to select all the text items and choose to wrap the text at two lines automatically where appropriate (versus me needing to go to each item individually).

Replies (3)

photo

Hi gslade,

I think you might be looking for the preferred width setting.

Select a topic and open the Format Topic dialog and choose the Size and Margins tab

96cbf956b7830d6f9777c265bc99bbc9

Change the Preferred Width setting to your liking

3cf6f52b15508914ed8989c3f6d719a8

Click Map Theme then Save in Default Theme for this Map

229004a6c522f767e1a933e3470ca99e

The change will now apply to all topics on the selected level in the map and include new topics you paste in at that level.

eb286d2afb5885b8c2353762a4631e48

Hope that helps!

photo

Thanks - this is useful - it's not 100% what I was suggesting (select multiple topics and choose the number of lines the text should wrap over - the topic width changes to accommodate this), but is a time saver vs needing to select each topic!

I can't see the exact same options/way to do this on the Mac version, but a similar method (clarify if there's the same option on Mac that I'm missing):

Approach #1 - 'Match Width for Selected Topics' (or All Topics):

4f5b2aed4fe7301df7b3e21442c800b0

Approach #2 - Set as Default Format (this affects all topics though, not just on the same level)

836e974489ccdc927028ce2e4e5bf861

photo

Hi gslade,

We don't have a way of wrapping text based on number of lines but we have an option to start wrapping text once topic reached to a preferred width. This option of setting preferred width is available under Format inspector pane inside Mac Application.

Select a topic and open inspector pane on right. go to Format and choose Style tab and set the preferred width based on your requirement.

0e82de914989594ade7b0fc1cfa1b9b4

Let me know if you have more questions.

Best,

Shilpa

photo

MM for WIndows is similar, but not equal to MM for MAC

It is extremely difficult to know what your issue is, if you mix platforms.

Please help yourself ( and us) by clarifying for what platform your question is meant.

If it is for both, please be so kind to post the issue for each ptatform

Thanks a lot

---