Request to handle larger MindMaps (>200 Mb)

Jeffrey P. shared this question 10 months ago
Discussion Open

We use our mind maps as a linked document store, so the mind maps have gotten quite large. It would be great if your product supported these larger document stores and, ideally, permit export to HTML.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Jeffrey

Are you attaching document inside the maps? What happens when the map gets too big?

photo

Yes, many documents are attached to the maps. When the map gets beyond 200 Mb, errors start popping up when trying to save, export, or even access sometimes.

photo

Thanks. I have not hit this limit yet but am likely to soon, so I am interested in any helpful techniques.

Are you using MindManager 23? I think there were some improvements to large map handling at that release.

photo

I'm on Mindmanager 22. I was informed that maps > 100 Mb were a known issue, hence the request to handle larger maps. Are you also using the maps as a document store?

photo

Not at the moment but is looks likely for a project.

photo

I don't have this issue, but this may be just because I use links to documents rather than attachments.

I place those doc's in cloud storage. So only if I am not connected to the internet I can't open and view them.

photo

I have recently opened a discussion how upon moving from mind manager pro 6, which is a 2005 version of mind manager, to mind manager 2023, how much slower it is to the point of it being unusable, and my mind manager file is only 26 MB in size.

See my post below:

https://community.mindmanager.com/topic/1888-mindmanager-2023-very-slow-with-26-mb-file

To summarise my experience, mind manager pro 6 (year 2005) is much faster and more responsive than mind manager 2023. I will not be purchasing mind manager 2023 as it is just too slow. I will be sticking with mind manager pro 6 (2005).

Responsiveness and speed of the software should be an absolute top priority. There is no point in adding more features if the software is so sluggish with files of 26 MB that it is unusable.

I am disappointed in mind manger 2023. I hope Corel make major improvements for a future version.

photo

Same problem. Work complex litigation cases. Map gets over 100 MindManagerGo dies. Have state of art with 36 gig ram. Not my computer.

---