Co-Editing a Teams / Sharepoint mmap file does not update the file

Bernhard K. shared this question 3 years ago
Answered

Dear Community, i try to co-edit an existing mmap-file, stored in teams in the azure cloud.

I did the following procedure:

1. I created a mmap file with the local installed mindmanager app.

2. I stored the file in a teams channel

3. I added a new tab in Teams with the existing mmap file.

4. Opend the file with the new tab and changed some information and left in teams back to files.

5. Showing the file entry in teams does not tell me it was just edited.

6. Wait for several minutes

7. Opened the file with local mindmanager-app and did not see any changes.

8. Went back to teams and reopened the co-edit session, Information is in.

So I have the problem to get not out changes done during co-edit session.

Is there anything wrong i did, or does anybody know how it works in a better way?

Thanks Bernhard

Best Answer
photo

Hi Bernhard,

Based on your reply, I think this problem is coming from the way you are opening the file in the desktop application. Chances are the file you are opening in the desktop app is not actually the same one that is stored in Teams.

To fix this do the following:

1. Go to the channel where you put the file in Teams and click Open in SharePoint
    74938bc93961cd4eec67a8859ca22dba
  2. Copy the URL up to the team name after sites
    114ce0884fb14de8320d88d41c3108d4
  3. In the desktop app click Add Place
    8203d6fe1259885f15bddbc5e65dccff
  4. Click Add SharePoint
    dc309a665c0b1d9e6d3fd6bd5962703d
  5. Paste the URL you copied from the SharePoint site and click next
    59d57f7d9d217a0af64195505938738d
  6. You may need to go through a Microsoft login or authorization process here, after you complete that you should see the SharePoint site added to your list of places.
    8e0a6f5b17c5497b4b2ded688bc8dc00
  7. Click the site and navigate to the Documents folder, then the folder that matches the channel where you are storing the file in Teams, then in that folder click on the file.
    fd200c6bd52d6b56bbc947695e757b98
  8. If you have done this correctly you will see an overlay showing that you have the file open from SharePoint, you can click on it to check out the file and start editing. You should now see the changes you made in Teams in the file. Furthermore, opening it this way will allow MindManager to tell you if others are working on the same file already so that you don't accidentally overwrite each others changes.
    f4e46c13182bf87afe91aa8b851ca3cd

Let me know if that works for you. The good news is once you have this set up you don't need to do it again =)

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Bernhard,

Sorry to hear you are having trouble!

Here are a few questions that will help us troubleshoot the issue.

• In your step #1 please provide details about which local installed MindManger app you are using including the OS (EG: Windows, Mac) and the version number (EG: 21.1, 13.2, etc)
  • In your step #2 how did you use to store the file in a Teams channel? Did you add the SharePoint location in the MindManager desktop app, or drop the file in the files section of Teams, or other?
  • In your step #7 how did you open the file in the local MindManager app? from the SharePoint location added as a place in the desktop app, or from your native file explorer, or from the Teams app's "Open in desktop" feature, or other?
  • For your step #8 please let me know if I understand correctly: you can see your changes when you open the file from the tab in Teams but not when you open it in the desktop app
  • Do you have autosave on in the Teams app?

photo

add step #1: I am using local installed Mindmanager 21.1.231 64 Bit on Windows.

add step #2: I have dropped or uploaded the file to the channel files section into a subdirectory.

add step #7: Assuming that the file will be updated in teams channel during co-edit, I opened the file with my local mindmanager.

I tried that with downloading the file from the channel and also with open it via synchronized OneNote folder.

add step #8: When i reopen the co-edit session with teams tab, all informations are in.

The feature autosave in teams app is on. Hours later the situation is still the same.

Thx Bernhard

photo

Hi Bernhard,

Based on your reply, I think this problem is coming from the way you are opening the file in the desktop application. Chances are the file you are opening in the desktop app is not actually the same one that is stored in Teams.

To fix this do the following:

1. Go to the channel where you put the file in Teams and click Open in SharePoint
    74938bc93961cd4eec67a8859ca22dba
  2. Copy the URL up to the team name after sites
    114ce0884fb14de8320d88d41c3108d4
  3. In the desktop app click Add Place
    8203d6fe1259885f15bddbc5e65dccff
  4. Click Add SharePoint
    dc309a665c0b1d9e6d3fd6bd5962703d
  5. Paste the URL you copied from the SharePoint site and click next
    59d57f7d9d217a0af64195505938738d
  6. You may need to go through a Microsoft login or authorization process here, after you complete that you should see the SharePoint site added to your list of places.
    8e0a6f5b17c5497b4b2ded688bc8dc00
  7. Click the site and navigate to the Documents folder, then the folder that matches the channel where you are storing the file in Teams, then in that folder click on the file.
    fd200c6bd52d6b56bbc947695e757b98
  8. If you have done this correctly you will see an overlay showing that you have the file open from SharePoint, you can click on it to check out the file and start editing. You should now see the changes you made in Teams in the file. Furthermore, opening it this way will allow MindManager to tell you if others are working on the same file already so that you don't accidentally overwrite each others changes.
    f4e46c13182bf87afe91aa8b851ca3cd

Let me know if that works for you. The good news is once you have this set up you don't need to do it again =)

photo

Dear Support, thanks for the help. We are able to work with it now.

BR Bernhard Kofler

photo

Great news. Thanks for closing the loop on this!

---