Is it possible to create a new type of view (with an add-in or a macro?) Branches as Tasks &Subtasks

Stephen P. shared this question 13 months ago
Discussion Open

I'd like to view my tasks similar to how you can in ClickUp (in the screenshots), where the branches translate to tasks and subtasks. It would be nice to be able to have a view like traditional task managers and some filters, and the features should be able to map. 1:1. Some PMs come with a Mindmap view, but they don't have the same features.

08996b907ffb58295bb21a49007cb8e0

791197623412a07da1a1e17701dbda4c

Replies (2)

photo

There are a few ways to get near this and I am sure you will get other suggestions.

You can get a functionally similar view by using a Power Filter to filter on all task completion icons, then switching to Outline view. The Notes pane can be open so you can read the notes of the selected task, and the Task pane can be open to see the task detail of the selected task. However the Outline view does not include date columns or let you sort rows by a selected column.

e34a750b161f520ffabbb5c96c82e48e

photo

Thanks. I've seen the outline view and it's too bare and indistinct for my brain to parse well. I switched away from ClickUp and other PMs partly because they weren't very visually oriented.

I'm liking MM overall so far, but some things like the filter options and a couple aspects of tag implementations are a bit limiting, and I'm discovering that the task/subtask view was really helpful to me as well.

photo

Another view which may give you some of what you want is the grid section of a Gantt chart. This has start and due date columns and like the Outline view can be filtered (indirectly, via the corresponding map view), but not sorted.

photo

This is an example grid portion of a Gantt chart.3e06135cbaf496c7c5d143ba474ac469

---