Parent task not reflecting completion of child tasks

Mathews T. shared this question 13 months ago
Answered

I have encountered this issue a few times, and can't figure out the issue.

Despite having all children tasks showing 100% Progress, the parent task does not reflect completion. The progress at the parent level seems disconnected from the child, and all the task info is greyed out, indicating that it cannot be updated manually.

b20e425347b607dce25c3d3538324e8f

Best Answer
photo

I guess MindManager is calculating the rolled-up progress by adding up effort x progress, then dividing by total effort. As the total effort is 0, this results in divide-by-zero which returns as 0.

Replies (2)

photo

Switch on the roll up tasks option in the define taskinfo window

photo

It's not easily discernable in my image, but the "Roll Up Tasks" option is greyed out.

Both in the children tasks and the parent task.

photo

Do you have Task Rollup enabled higher up in the tree (nearer to the central topic)? This would disable the checkbox on intermediate topics.

photo

It looks like the tasks are milestones.

If this is true I would expect the result you have.

photo

I guess MindManager is calculating the rolled-up progress by adding up effort x progress, then dividing by total effort. As the total effort is 0, this results in divide-by-zero which returns as 0.

photo

Understood. That seems to have been the problem, though it was not the Effort, but rather Duration.

Updated the durations from 0 to 1day, and completion of the parent updated to complete.

Thanks for the insight!

---