Any idea when MindManager 2023 will be coming out?

jrosenfield shared this question 16 months ago
Answered

Hi there,

I have an annual license. Normally I'm charged in September and receive the new version near the end of October or early November. Just wondering when we can expect the new version. Would it be coming out before the end of the year?

Thanks,

Jack

Replies (1)

photo

We have made some updates to our release model as we head towards a more subscription oriented service.

Moving forward, the major version of MindManager will match the year it's released. If additional updates are released this year, they would be updates to version 22. There have already been 3 releases of version 22 this year (22.0, 22.1. and 22.2) all of which included new features and enhancements. There should be one more minor update before the end of the year.

Sometime during the first half of next year, you can expect the first version 23 to be released. Version 23 will be packed with exciting new features and improvements for Windows users. Following that release there will be one or more updates to v23 throughout the year. As a subscription customer, you have access to all new versions and updates.

Hope that provides a bit more clarity.

photo

Thanks for your reply. As it stands now, as I understand it, if I were to end my annual licensing as of this year, I would retain access to the latest version off MindManager. Should I interpret from your response that in the future the subscription based model will mean that once we stop with an annual subscription, we will lose access to the MindManager we have installed?

Now that I'm retired from my full time job I hope to have more time to delve into all of MindManager's features but there will come a day when I will no longer renew my subscription. After 8 or so years of being on the annual subscription, it would be important to retain a version. Hmm, maybe a grandfather clause for long time subscribers? Thanks for your input.

photo

Hi,

You'll need to refer to your license documentation as the terms depend on what you purchased. Just a safety reminder, please don't post your license key or other license details here.

photo

The question was: "Once we stop with an annual subscription, we will lose access to the MindManager we have installed?"

Is the answer to this question "yes" or "no"?

photo

Thanks Sia.

I'm happy to see additional features and I've suggested a few improvements myself, but I have one request.

Could MindManager please stop "deprecating" (ie, removing) existing features every time there is an upgrade?

There have been too many examples in recent versions, the most egregious of which was the removal of any ability to export an outline to PowerPoint.

I'm also going to suggest this as an idea.

photo

Hi Andreas,

if you've started MM licensing with the subscription model, the answer is yes.

If you still have an old perpetual license, the answer ist no. Single users with the retired license model UPP will have MM22 perpetual.

Company MSA licenses are perpetual. Only the the support ends by quitting the contract.

Regards, Andreas

photo

Is there anythign new coming soon. Now with this subscrition model you feel you are paying the same than before and nothing else in return. I wish I could have a better task manager enbedded into the mindmanager app or see other improvements but this new model is of course more convenient for the company but not so much for the customer.

photo

Hi emonterog, There is indeed a new version coming. Expect the release of MindManager 23 on April 18th. There will be an announcement in the user community highlighting the new features.

Best,
Craig

---