Set Default topic width

Jon B. shared this question 18 months ago
Answered

Is it possible to set a fixed, default width of topics when creating a mind map? I want my mind map "levels" to line up from top to bottom. Here's an example of what I'd like to accomplish:

bade027ae868adbfb0a52ca6a713d66f

To accomplish this look, I used a combination of "match width" (on the format tab) and setting a fixed width for certain topics and it's still not quite right. I want to eliminate all this topic width busy-work, by setting a default topic fixed width.

Thanks!
Jon

Best Answer
photo

I'm not sure if you are using MindManager for Windows. In MindManager for Windows you can use the Theme Editor (Advanced mode) to set topics to a fixed width and height. This may cause some truncation for long texts.

1. Design tab > Edit Theme > Advanced Editor
  2. Configure the topic depth to which you want to define the format
  3. Right-click on a topic in the preview map and click Modify Format
  4. In the topic format editor, go to the Size and Margins tab and select Fixed Topic Size.

6c2e3a912fec1dc48ee41a9b76ced0a7

Replies (1)

photo

I'm not sure if you are using MindManager for Windows. In MindManager for Windows you can use the Theme Editor (Advanced mode) to set topics to a fixed width and height. This may cause some truncation for long texts.

1. Design tab > Edit Theme > Advanced Editor
  2. Configure the topic depth to which you want to define the format
  3. Right-click on a topic in the preview map and click Modify Format
  4. In the topic format editor, go to the Size and Margins tab and select Fixed Topic Size.

6c2e3a912fec1dc48ee41a9b76ced0a7

photo

Brilliant! Thanks so much for the tip!

---