MindManager 21: cannot access "Managed published maps" function (blank screen)

Saul shared this question 19 months ago
Answered

Hello,

I've searched for similar questions on the forum but haven't found anything I could use, so if my search-fu skills have failed me please point me to existing threads and solutions : )

I use MindManager 21 and I can't access the "Publish / manage published maps" screen any longer, it launches a white screen that just stays blank.

I can publish new maps (or existing ones with new urls), or update a published map... but i just can't access the "managed published maps" any longer. I tried disconnecting VPN, using different internet accesses, but nothing seems to change.

This is the function that doesn't work when i click it:

6b1c3377313d0e8ccdf88dc2f1b2ba88

What can i do about it?

Thanks,

Saul

** Edit: just found this info that might be helfpul to troubleshoot:

Product: MindManager (64-bit)
Version: 21.0.261
Mode: Normal
User Name: Saul
Mindjet ID: none
Tablet: supported; disabled
Multitouch: disabled
Internet Admin Flag: internet enabled
Add-Ins:
MAP for MindManager (enabled)
Database Linker (disabled)
Microsoft Excel Linker (enabled)
Microsoft Outlook Map Parts (enabled)
Microsoft Project Import and Export (enabled)
Smart Map Parts (enabled)
Sort Topics (enabled)
Save as Web Pages (disabled)
MPX Import (disabled)
Browser (enabled)
Analytic Views AddIn (disabled)
Brainstorming AddIn (disabled)
Excel AddIn (enabled)
FreeMind Import (enabled)
Gantt Pro (enabled)
Export HTML5 Maps (enabled)
OPML Import and Export (enabled)
Microsoft SharePoint Linker (enabled)
Word AddIn (enabled)
XMind Import (enabled)
File Explorer (enabled)
Task-Q (enabled)
Internet Explorer Version: 11.789.19041.0
Default Browser: Chrome
Microsoft Office Applications:
Word 16 64-bit
Excel 16 64-bit
Outlook 16 64-bit
PowerPoint 16 64-bit

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Saul,

Thanks for reporting this, we are currently investigating the cause of this issue. In the mean time you can manage your published files by using your browser to sign into https://app.mindmanager.com/ and choosing the "Published Files" tab.

4f7dff9d9e2306d58cbdc307c4f1e834

photo

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply!

I have followed the suggested link, signed in but a message says that I don't have a license to use this product (although I have been using it for the past couple of years). It does seem like I'm eligible for a free trial, but I would very much prefer to access the paid area where I currently have all my published maps ; )

5add15c46e62d8478c85bea68d83bc94

Is there something else I could do?

Thanks!

Saul

photo

Hi Saul,

Sorry, yes if you are a perpetual product customer then you need to use this url to access your published files: https://cloud.mindjet.com/

photo

ah yes, that worked! thanks : )

photo

Hello Saul,

We investigated this issue and were able to reproduce it when MindManager uses the Microsoft Internet Explorer WebView control, which is default for MindManager 21.0 and earlier. If you update to MindManager 21.1 and later, it uses the Microsoft Edge WebView2 control. You can either update to MindManager 21.1 by going to Help>Check for Updates in-product or by visiting our site here -
MindManager Product Download Library

When installing the update, be sure to have prerequisite 'Microsoft Edge WebView2 Runtime' checked.

eba29fd66248b4b0d43719ce9500e7dd

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

hello Marian, and thank you very much for your support.

i checked MindManager Product Download Library where i found mm21. Should i uninstall my current version and re-install https://dwnld.mindjet.com/stubs/Release/MindManager21/MindManager21_setup.exe ?
I couldn't find a download that seemed to be just an "update", it looks like I have to reinstall it from scratch, is that correct?

(it's ok if i need to uninstall and reinstall, I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing ; )

Thanks,

Saul

photo

Hello Saul,

You do not need to first uninstall. Installing the update will replace the current build installed.

Best regards,

-Marian

---