Connect to All Sides of a Central Topic

Amy N. shared this question 19 months ago
Answered

Is it possible to connect to all four sides of a central topic (or a main topic or subtopic, for that matter)? There are times when I would like my main topics to appear above the central topic, and other times when I would like them to be at the left side, and still other times when I would like them to be on all four sides. Am I missing something very basic?

Replies (3)

photo

@Amy N. There a re two types of maps available in MindManager.

1. Mindmaps in various tree formats, like radial, right, left, Orgcharts, timelines etc. They all start from a central topic and go into One direction. They have a BLUE collar
  2. Free Format maps like flowcharts, concept maps etc. They have no tree format that guides you. They have a GREEN collar. You will find them if you select new from Templates.

photo

Ary, thank you for this distinction. Where would I see the "collar" you mention? I'm looking at the Templates screen and don't see anything like a green or blue "collar".

photo

Just select a radial template. Open it and you see a blue line around the central topic. I call that a collar.

Next select the flowchart template. Open it and you see the green one

photo

Thank you!

photo

If you are new to the software...

Go to the help tab. Click on help and you find quick tips. This gives you a head start.

Next click on tutorials. These are 10 step by step chapters that bring you close to become an experienced user.

photo

Yes, I've gone through the tutorials, but just had some questions I didn't see answered there. Thank you again for your help!

---