Find All + Show with Fade Non-Matching Topics

Andrey K. shared this idea 20 months ago
Voting Open

Greetings!

I like using MM's Find & Search facility located at the top right of the main window:

45cab7ad96d1063331109a51ea494919

However often, especially while presenting/discussing a complex map with colleagues it would be useful to have Find All + Show with Fade Non-Matching Topics as a single button or a keyboard key shortcut.

The idea is to quickly fade all non-relevant topic and highlight all the topics matching search criteria.

What do you think about this?

Thank you.

Replies (2)

photo

Is there a reason why you cannot use the powerfilter for this?

photo

I see that Power Filter does this, but it also requires many mouse clicks (to configure search criterion).

photo

You can save your powerfilters to avoid too many clicks

photo

It is possible indeed.

Here is my user story: we plan a project and somebody asks: "Let's see if we have NAME item in other project stages". Here I, as a mind mapper, want to quickly show map topics containing NAME in the text and fade all the rest.

photo

Hi Andrey,

still easy available via Power Filter. You can filter a filtered Map if you want.

In the Option are specific settings for filter. Deactivate the third settings. This helps in my cases most of the time.

photo

Dear Andreas,

I appreciate your input, but didn't get the point.

What do you mean by "filter a filtered map".

As for the option: can you share a screenshot, please?

photo

Dear Ary,

You can save your powerfilters to avoid too many clicks

Do you mean Saved Queries command?

photo

Dear Andrey,

filter your map and can filter the results again. If you made the right settings in the options. Deactivate "Remove filter first"

4d83d4c9e2204d0cdafaa97c839e2e1f

Use "Saved queries" for a quick filter, because this settings can be used in the Topic filters - see screen shots

Top menu

514ae4b3f45df8ef4895cb26b621c0aa

Footer menu

4bdbf11dc0d98276cb035c31ad203a85

---