Transition to MindManager Professional Annual Plan

ShermD3 shared this question 20 months ago
Answered

In May I got an email that stated:

Existing UPP customers will be automatically transitioned from UPP to a MindManager Professional Annual Subscription on June 13, 2022, at no extra charge.
and

We will begin the transition on June 13, 2022 for all active UPP customers. You will receive an email from us confirming the transition, which will include access to MindManager Professional. 
Can anyone confirm if the "transition" has completed? I don't think I got any confirmation email.

Also, what does "access to MindManager Professional" mean?

When I view my account info I find:

28d23e36eb9e135a24cb45f52be09845

which does not show me has being a MindManager Professional customer and is, honestly, not very helpful. What does "N/A" for expire date mean?

Is there some better "account profile" page I'm not seeing? I love the software but find the web properties a mess.

Replies (7)

photo

My account looks about the same. I got a mail about transfer being completed.

As I understand it, transfer to MindManager Professional Annual Plan means that you now get access to "co-editing" on the web. But you pay more, and if you stop paying you lose access to both web and desktop Mindmanager.

photo

Hmm.. seems that some changes have happened after all.

f1a60dbe8ec22414b43c25c4f2c8c327

My perpetual license is gone 😠 and there is now a subscription with auto-renew 🤔

(Don't know what that expired "Trial" is?)

photo

@Janndk Thanks for the reply. Good to know others are getting the "transition" happening. It is possible that it just takes time to migrate users. May I ask, and I'm not looking for any personal details, but what did the email about the transfer being complete say? Did it provide you with any new way to access things (eg: the MindManager Web)? Thanks!

photo

It said "Your MindManager Professional Annual Plan subscription". There was a license key in the mail, reference to Upgrade Protection Plan, and a notice about the next payment.

I have access to MindManager Web - but can't really use it for anything, as it doesn't work so well. And on small screens it doesn't work at all.

Planning to cancel my subscription soon, and trying to find some other mindmapping software instead. Have been using MindManager for many years, but the company is getting too greedy, and the quality of the service too weak.

photo

Hi Jann,

what's the disadvantage of the MM web app?

You have all the features from the desktop client except the gantt-chart and the timeline view and you can't create you own templates.

For me the most advantage is that I can work on any device I want, because of there is no app installation needed.

If you've and questions, idea or even problems you can contact the support and the forum and you'll get help.

Regards, Andreas

photo

MM web app is not suitable for real work with mindmaps - only for viewing and for making small changes (I guess it's just a beta, and getting probably better when the final version is released?). Although that might be enough for my needs, the problem is that it doesn't work in small screen = can't be used in mobile devices.

photo

The biggest problem is though the new payment plan: annual subscription. You are trapped for life! If you stop paying, you lose everything.

With UPP you did own your software. If you stopped paying, you could keep using Mindmanager (just no more upgrades).

photo

Hi @Janndk

As Andreas said,

You can keep your desktop for ever. As long as it works on your OS version you are OK. Just as it has always been. So there is nothing different from your MUPP

( except higher yearly price for extra functionality Like co-editing, Teams, and platforms)

The web software is browser software, So no need to download any app etc.

It is called Essentials,This is only limited by the size of your screen and the things Andreas mentioned before.

I do agree that communication about this End of Life for MUPP and transition to Subscription could have been better ;-)

photo

@Ary V.

That's not true according to info from MM customer support. All future upgrades for desktop app are under the annual subscription license. If you stop paying, you lose your desktop app access too.

photo

So just as Andreas and I wrote.

You can use your CURRENT Desktop Software perpetual. Ofcourse no future upgrades.

And again,

Communication about this can be better.

photo

That's my point and conclusion. Subscription doesn't make any sense (unless you are a part of a team that really needs "co-editing" feature).

photo

Hi Jann,

MM Trial = testing MindManager - Single user can test it for 30 days, companies starting with 5 users can test it for 60 days

If you ever had bought a perpetual license it has to be listed in your portal and you own a certificate. Please contact sales support about that.

Regards, Andreas

photo

Andreas,

I sure have bought a perpetual license - many of them! Have been using Mindmanager about 20 years or so (since MindManager Pro X5, if I remember correctly).

photo

I am sorry Janndk,

It appears my english is not good enough to explain to you what I want to say in order to help and assist you.

Your responses lead to more confusion. So I have to stop replying to you now.

Again, I am sorry that I am not able to inform you about how it is done.

photo

Ary,

It's not a language problem. I really appreciate you trying to help.

The problem is not my current perpetual MM22 license, but future MMs that will come with this new annual subscription.

With the earlier Upgrade Protection Plan the licenses were perpetual. If you stop paying, you keep your desktop app (you just dont get more upgrades).

With the new annual subscription the licenses are not perpetuals. If you stop paying, you lose access to your desktop app.

photo

Hi ShermD3,

you see in you license portal MM 22 expires N/A that means it belongs to you and you can use the MM22 Desktop as long as you want.

The MM Trial has to be renewed or canceled.

With the MM Trial (= Subscription) you've got all the MM applications

Regards, Andreas

photo

Hi Jann,

please contact the sales team. Your perpetual license has to be listed in your portal. I can't see it there.

The perpetual license can be used as long as you want.

I can't say, if there will be new MMxx coming in future, but there will be an update to 22.2 very soon.

Regards, Andreas

photo

Andreas,

I have the perpetual license key, so I can probably just install it again.

Interesting to see what's new in MM22.2. As I understand, there wasn't anything new in MM22.1 - just some aligning in release numbers!!??

Anyway, that's likely to be my last Mindmanager. My UPP (which got forcibly changed to that new annual subscription) runs out in october.

photo

Hi Jann,

there is no perpetual keys anymore. It's all shown in your license portal. I can't see a perpetual license there. Please check.

V22.1 update the interface to SharePoint and the HTML export

You won't see any new features in the desktop app in the near future and maybe there are no new version numbers like V23. Probably we'll stay on 22 for a longer time.

photo

Hi Andreas,

I found my perpetual license, changed back to it, and canceled the annual subscription.

photo

@Alex G - Thinking this topic might be as much of interest to you as it is to me.

UPP customers apparently being transferred across onto Professional for free. I have yet to experience this - what about you?

I've screenshotted and archived this page for later use if required.

---