select topics with numbers and increment like in EXCEL

ustolle shared this idea 2 years ago
Voting Open

drag and increment map topics with numbers similar to drag and increment cels in EXCEL. See example file appended.

Replies (3)

photo

You can you can actually do something like this with the Topic Prefix facility in the MAP add-in for MindManager from Olympic Limited, but I agree it should be incorporated in the program itself.

photo

If you just name them topic 1, topic 2, topic 3, etc I can see the benefit.

However...

If I don't understand the real goal of your idea, please enlighten me.

In maps like these you will need to give the topics a name to separate them from other topics.

With that in mind, your suggestion may have allowed for a very fast way of doing a lot of extra work.

photo

Thanks for your comments and questions. In workshops or for work break down structures I use lot the automatic numbering options available today. In workshops this can work fine. However I have made the experience, that working with "increment" can be usefull in the early phase of a brainstorming to have a number of fixed numbered clusters with drag and drop. Ok, I can put this in a map part or other template. However, ways of working are different. This might not explain everything. Thiis is my answer to it.

---