Error in Mindmanager update

Janndk shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Seems that an update came out today? And now Mindmanager wont start - some kind of new login window is popping up!? And everything stops there. Anybody else having this problem? How to solve it?dc2b10657a61b1567a758ced09ce8001

Replies (8)

photo

Hi Janndk,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We are working on resolving this issue as soon as possible. I'll post an update when it has been resolved.

photo

Hi Janndk,

We believe this issue has been resolved, please try again and let us know if you still have issues.

photo

Seems to work now. Thanks. However, no updates after all, despite the message (mail today + facebook) about new version with improvements???

photo

Hi Janndk,

I'm not understanding your comment, can you clarify? If you are looking for a list of new features, products and fixes in this release, they are in the release notes linked below:

https://www.mindmanager.com/go/cloudwhatsnew

https://www.mindmanager.com/latest-release-notes-windows-english

https://www.mindmanager.com/latest-release-notes-mac-english

photo

I got a mail today telling about the new version of MindManager. It was also announced on MM facebook.

When trying to open MindManager, it wouldn't start - got just that strange popup window. Then wasting a couple of hours trying to figure out if there was something wrong with my licence, or with password or with something else.

Seems to work now. But it's the same old version, as before.

When logging in (now hen it works again) MaindManager account, it says:

"You don't have a license to use this product.

Good news! You're eligible for a free trial."

I recall there were actually the same kind of problems with the last upgrade. Mindmager were very eager to take my money again just about a month ago for "Upgrade Protection Plan (1 Year)".

So the question is: What am I paying for, if I don't get any upgrades, and even get my access blocked!?

photo

Hello Janndk

If a customer is on a perpetual plan with UPP, they should receive an email in the next 24 hours with an activation key for the newest perpetual build.

If a customer is on a subscription plan, their usage will continue without needing a new activation key.

Cheers... Blair

photo

The same is happening to me. No activation key. Email says to simply sign in as usual. Nope. On a 30-day trial.

[Disregard same msg from Tracey T. Logged in accidently with my wife's info]

photo

Tech support says we have to wait up to two weeks for an activation key to be sent. Would have been good to mention that in the email that announced the new version was ready to downloaded and used.

photo

I am checking on the process and will update this thread as soon as I hear something concrete. Sorry for the confusion.

Cheers... Blair

photo

We have figured out what is going on with your licences. We will have this all sorted out tomorrow. I am really sorry about this. Until then, the trials are fully functional so you should not be impeded in what you want to do. More soon.

Cheers... Blair

photo

Hi Blair,

I received an email response from tech support just now that said the fix to my problem was to click on the download link for the trial version and:

Read this before you download… If you are unlocking a trial, there is no need to download the software again. Simply launch your trial and enter the License Key provided above. You will then have a fully functioning version! If you do not have a trial version installed, please download the software by clicking the download link below.

The problem is there is no License Key provided in this or any other email. Signing in does not unlock the trial. I don't mind waiting for the fix but I get frustrated by these kind of emails from tech support that simply repeat the problem. Make sense?

Best,

Stan

---