Mindmanager 2022: Exprort as Web Pages

Gerda D. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

At this moment I'm still using the 2020 version of MindManager. Right now, I'm evaluation MindManager 2022 before deciding whether or not to buy it.

I discovered that the functionality "Export as Web Pages" is no longer supported. A real pity, for it was a great way to create online documentation.

To MindManager staff: Is this definitive? To MindManager community: Do other people regret?

Replies (8)

photo

I just tested it and you are right. It is gone without any warning.

Although I only use it for some of my customers, they use it on a monthly basis.

Thank God in vs 2021 it is still available. (i have serval versions installed side by side)

I love the functionality. It brings the opportunity to translate a map into a view that Everybody knows and understands.

So I do hope and expect this is not definitive and expect to see the add-in return in the next service release.

photo

I may be wrong, but I think it should be possible to enable the "Save as Web pages" feature in File > Options > Add-Ins.

photo

Hi All,

The Export as Web Pages feature is still available in MindManager 22 but is disabled by default as this feature is semi-retired. We are not adding any new functionality to this feature but it is still being maintained in the event of reported bugs.

The feature can be enabled by going to File>Options>Add-ins and then enable 'Save as Web Pages".

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

I'm glad to see this is still available, but I would second Ary's comment and urge that Export as Web Pages be retained. This isn't something I use often but it's very useful for creating simple websites or for prototyping more complex ones. In addition it's straightforward, functional and it works (provided the map involved isn't too complicated).

More broadly I think MindManager needs to think very carefully before it further reduces the interoperability of the product by removing features like this.

photo

I think the underlying issue is that the web sites generated by this feature are low-tech designs from over 20 years ago. They are not responsive and don't use any modern browser features, so are only suitable as intranet pages. The HTML5 export is much better in that respect, but what it lacks is the ability to create an indexed reference resource or online version of a linear document.

photo

Fair point. An ideal outcome would be if HTML5 export could incorporate these features as an option.

photo

@Marian and @Nick Ofcourse I was pleased with the fact that it should still be available BUT...

I am very sorry, but the addin is not in the list of MMvs 22 anymore.

So I cannot switch it on, as I used to do in all earlier versions.

(Note: I have tried it when the software is set to English, but still not there.)

dfd01273fb7f98d947218a0e4eb141a2

and

525ce01a4f0a0ad74b176cd2170e09e4

photo

Hello Ary. This might be a language thing, even if you have tried the English installer. The installation folder for MM22 contains the Mm5WebExport DLL for English, French, Russian and German, but I am not seeing a Dutch version. There are some parts of MindManager that pick up the language from Windows rather than the installed version, which adds to the complication.

photo

Hi Nick,

I am Dutch and live in the Netherlands, for almost my whole life, so I can't do anything about this.

Funny that it works fine in MM vs 21 and earlier versions.

These are the languages I can select.

0e5bb6832b5924fdb356f3f2155d0858

photo

The option "Save as Web Pages" ist still available in der German MM Version 22.0.273

photo

Well Andreas, @Marian and @Nick,

That leaves the question WHY does it NOT work in the Dutch MM version 22.0.273?

If this is not possible...

HOW can i switch to normal English version?

Do I need to install a different ENGLISH Language version?

How to explain this to customers / users?

Where to find it?

What are the consequences?

WHY have a DUTCH language version with LESS functionality?

photo

Hi Ary, maybe, because of there is no language support in these old export libraries.

The export will be removed anyway. No need to explain.

I customized this export often for my clients, but the new internet browser doesn't support the old style. So we stopped and changed to the modern HTML5 export.

Btw. I've never realized there is a Nederlands MindManager - cool 🥳

photo

Well... That it goes away is a pity.

Several clients are using this in their profession as website designers.

It is used as a first draft on how it could look and their customers can comment on that.

This gives them a sound basis for their real webdesign job.

It avoids misunderstanding on what they have to create and also disputes on the result.

BTW the Dutch version is mostly a google translated version with some strange effects.

Like Topic is translated into Thema, nut Theme is also translated into Thema.

You can imagine the difficulty I have in training users that a Thema is NOT always a Thema....

photo

If you have some clients as web designers they using this export, please open a post in the idea section to keep this add-In alive. I'm shure Brian will see this

photo

Hi Gerda,

I recommend you to stop using the old web-pages export. This is an ancient html standard an probably blocked by new browsers.

Try the HTML5-Export in MindManager or use the publishing feature in the start menu. That works very fine. Much better than the old web page export.

Best, Andreas

---