Word Import mit Version 2021 und 2022 steht nicht mehr zur Verfügung. Wird benötigt

Jens K. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,

leider gibt es mit der neuen Version 2021 und 2022 keine Möglichkeit Word-Dokumente wie mit früheren Versionen mit dem AddIN in Word in eine bestehende Map zu importieren. Diese Funktion war hervorragend bei MindManager. Das war ein Grund warum wir uns für MindManager entschieden haben. Leider gibt es das nicht mehr. Somit leider ein Schritt zurück und die Arbeit wird erschwehrt. Sehr, sehr schade. Bitte unbedingt wieder so wie früher über AddIn möglich machen. Sonst ist MindManager keine gute Wahl mehr.

Viele Grüße

Jens Kübler

Replies (2)

photo

Strange...

I just tested it and it works fine with vs 22. 273. At least with my test MS-Word file

To be sure I also checked with vs 21 and it is functioning OK as well.

photo

Hello Jens,

Thank you for the feedback. In MindManager 21, we rebuilt the Microsoft Word Import/Export with different API's and we had to retire the 'Send to MindManager' Add-in that was installed in Word. However, you can still use the 'File>Import>Import Microsoft Word Document' functionality within MindManager.

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Hallo Marian,

Danke für Deine Rückinfo. Das haben mir auch schon die Kollegen aus Deuschland so mitgeteilt, löst aber das eigentliche Problem nicht. Es müsste doch sicher viele solcher Anfragen bezüglich Word geben. Das war damals so einfach und intuitiv gelöst. Jetzt ist es echt erschwerend. Wird es in Zukunft smarter gelöst sein?

Danke für Dein Feedback.

viele Grüße Jens

photo

Hi Jens,

Sorry, my German is very poor so I have to respond in English, but I completely agree that the loss of this facility as well as the ability to simply send sections of Word documents directly to an open map in MindManager is a big step backwards.

I have had problems finding simple workarounds. If you want to import a whole document to an existing map then unfortunately the easiest option seems to be to import it to a new map and then copy everything to the existing map - which is obviously a lot more cumbersome than the previous arrangement, but is at least feasible.

What's really difficult is finding an alternative (other than whole document import) to the Send to MindManager facility. In previous versions this MindManager Word add-in allowed you to send sections of a document to an existing map, but it is now completely missing. Simply copying and pasting a section into a map doesn't work at all well for anything other than a very basic document; any headings are ignored and a "flat" version of the copied section is created without any topic hierarchy.

Ironically, it is easier to format a basic Word document to do this, as MindManager does recognise simple outlines. You can create such an outline simply by adding one or more spaces (not tabs or indents) to the beginning of each paragraph in the document in Word. These are enough to create a topic hierarchy, so when you then cut and paste the text into a map, each space added will result in the topic being placed one level below the previous one.

Unfortunately, adding spaces paragraph by paragraph is time-consuming to do if you want to copy large sections of a complex document, and it gets very complicated if you have used Word heading styles. Trying to turn these into outlines which are recognised by MindManager is surprisingly difficult - for example, while MindManager can read OPML files I haven't been able to get this to work, and in any case this would require whole document conversion.

If you have access to OneNote, one approach which does seem to work is to copy the section of the document you want to import into a OneNote file. You can then use tabs (and not spaces) to indent multiple paragraphs. The same principle works; each successive tab will result in the topic being a subtopic of the preceding paragraph. It's also easier to use OneNote's simple formatting controls to remove unwanted heading numbering.

Once you have made the changes required simply highlight the text, copy, and paste into a map in MindManager. If you have applied the tabs correctly, the heading hierarchy in the Word document should be reproduced as a topic hierarchy in the map.

photo

Hallo Jens,

ganz ehrlich verstehe ich die Aufregung um das verschwundene Word-Add-in nicht. Mit der Import Funktion kann man doch immer noch jedes Word-Dokument sauber importieren. Was ist jetzt anders? Klar, das MindManager Logo im Word-Menü ist verschwunden, aber dieses Add-In hat die alte MS-COM-Schnittstelle aus MindManager 6 verwendet. Das musste endlich mal neu aufgesetzt werden, weil es nicht mehr kompatibel war.

Wenn du Absätze aus einem Word-Dokument in der Map brauchst, verwende Copy/Paste. Mit der neuen Drag'n drop Funktion kannst du aus jedem Unterzweig sofort eine Notiz erstellen und wenn du mehr als drei Absätze brauchst, dann bist du mit dem Import ohnedies besser unterwegs.

Viele Grüße

Andreas

photo

Hi Andreas,

I'm afraid we have to agree to disagree on this one.

The old Send to MindManager add-in for Word was incredibly useful and I really miss it. For example, it was a great tool for analysing long complex documents such as requests for tenders - especially when these aren't well written. Rather than having to import the whole file into MindManager and then delete the irrelevant bits you could simply highlight the sections you wanted and send them to them to a map to produce summaries of, for example, the tender response tasks and/or the project deliverables.

Cheers

Alex

photo

Hallo Andreas, Danke für Deine Rückinfo. Mit der Importfunktion kann ich aber keine Word Dokument zu einer freien Anmerkung in einer bestehenden Map hinzufügen. MindManager macht mit dieser Funktion immer eine komplett neue Map auf. Früher hat man die freie Anmerkung markiert und das Wordokument auch dort eingefügt. Ist heute leider nicht mehr so. Mit der Funktion entsteht eine neue Map und man muss umständlich mittels kopieren die Infos an den Punkt kopieren wo man diese hin haben möchte. Das war früher einfach besser und Benutzerfreundlicher. Mit der Funktion Copy/Paste bei Word Abschnitten ist es auch icht das konfortable von damals. Der Gesamte Text wird ja mit dieser Funktion in die freie Anmerkung kopiert und nicht die Struktur wie damals. Das ist leider nicht das selbe. Es würden sich sicher viele User freuen wenn es die Funktionalität von damals wieder geben würde.

Viele Grüße Jens

photo

Hallo Jens,

bis dato gibt es keine Anfrage zu diesem alten Feature. Du bist der erste aus dem deutschsprachigen Raum. Hier im Forum gibt es noch zwei aus dem englischsprachigen Raum, die dieses Feature vermissen.

Es stimmt, diese Funktion war sehr praktisch, wenn du Teile von Word-Dokumenten in der Map haben wolltest. Tatsächlich genutzt hat es niemand. Es war ein hidden feature.

Nachdem hier aber immer wieder Post dazu auftauchen, werde ich eine Umfrage starten wer es zurück will.

Liebe Grüße

Andreas

PS: Work around - Word importieren = Neue Map -> Rechtsklilck ins Register unten "Als Link kopieren"

-> in der neuen Map and der gewünschten Stelle als Link einfügen "Rechtsklick - Einfügen - Link einfügen"

-> Rechtsklick auf den Link = Verknüpfte Map einfügen

Etwas umständlicher, aber es geht ganz gut

photo

Hi Jens,

I agree completely.

If you would like to contact me at alexsg@msn.com.au I can suggest another workaround which is simpler than the one I mentioned before, but has some other issues which I will try to explain directly.

Cheers

Alex

photo

Hallo Andreas, Danke für die Umfrage. Evtl. hilft das ja weiter.

Hallo Alex, Dir auch erst einmal vielen Dank.

Viele Grüße

Jens

photo

Hi Andreas,

I also think a survey is a good idea. I'm not sure I would describe the "Send to Word" feature in previous versions as "hidden", though I think its benefits were not immediately obvious or adequately explained. Properly understood it is (or was) a great tool for analysing Word documents.

And thanks for the workaround, which is useful for importing whole Word documents into existing maps, though it doesn't address the loss of the ability to easily send portions of a Word document to an existing map.

Hi Jens,

If you are still interested in a workaround which is simpler than the one suggested by Andreas - but has some issues - let me know directly :)

Cheers

Alex

---