MM 2022

Alan R. shared this question 2 years ago
Discussion Open

Morning guys, whatever has been changed in the MM 2022 upgrade selecting and moving items seems to have become rather tricky and slow and requires great precision...whereas this was really speedy and easy in MM 2021 and before. I use this all the time so this is a big concern for me. I think it needs to be checked out.

Thank you

Alan Roberts

Replies (5)

photo

Hi Alan,

This sounds like a very serious issue, there should have been no performance degradation resulting from your upgrade. Please post a video of the issue as this will help us better understand the issue and troubleshoot it.

You can also open a technical support ticket here: https://www.mindmanager.com/en/support/contact/

photo

Morning Sia and well done thank you for your very prompt response.

I've played with this a little bit (bearing in mind I only loaded 2022 a day ago)...I'm not sure a video will be helpful to you, but let me explain in a little more detail and perhas your developers might be able to identfy something. I stand to be wrong, however I have used every version of MindManger over the years (love it) and use it every day...so whilst I may not have identified the issue 100% you've got to think that something is different for me to notice it. It may be helpful also for me to let you know also that I installed Windows 11 within the last 10 days or so.

In fairness there is no doubt that the select and drag functionality is working...but I believe its handling differently. It appears that when one has selected the item(s) that, in order to get the cursor to the '+' position it requires you to move it slightly above the higlighted blue box around the selected items... As I say I'm absolutely open to be talking nonsene on this, but isn't it funny as such a seasoned user and fan I would feel something is different and regressed...

I truly hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Alan

It appears to be that the

photo

Morning guys (Monday)...this issue was causing me so much frustration I have reverted to MM 2021...the problem is not there...it looks certain here is some sort of blip there in the MM 2022 upgrade. Note - before I did this I also tried reinstalling MM 20202 but to no success. I hope this is helpful to you. Regards, Alan

photo

Hi Alan,

The Windows Product Manager will reach out to you to try and set up a call so you can demonstrate the issue for us. So far we have not been able to reproduce any faulty behavior with drag and drop.

photo

Thanks Sia, I appreciate the mail. As I indicated I've removed MM 2022 and reinstalled MM 2021 as I say, so your Product Manager isn't going to see anything. I'm also running my own business so I haven't time to be reinstalling again and having to demo it. I've raised the issue, there's clearly something amiss between the version as far as I'm concerned, I've raised it with you. If you are telling me I'm wrong that's fine, you are clearly right. The proof in the pudding will be...are you getting similar feedback from anyother users...if not, then clearly I'm the problem, and that's fine. The bottom line is as far as I'm concerned, as a big fan of this software and a long-time user, MM 2022 is unusuable and in view of the frustration I cannot work with it and reverted. That leaves me now with the inevitable future conundrum as to what I do next. This is expensive professional software and I expect it to be trouble free.

Again thank you, however your Product Manager and test team will need to make their own minds up if there is a credible issue here. If I'm proven to be correct I would like somebody there to please acknowledge this before this ticket is closed.

Regards,

Alan

---