Is there a way to create a macro for custom exporting to Microsoft Word?

Alyson F. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

The new export functionality in mindmanager does not meet our needs. In order to export notes to Microsoft Word we need to use the custom export process, which is several steps. Is there a way to create a macro in mindmanager so that we do not have to go though the multiple screens needed for the Custom Export process and can export notes with the click of one button?

Replies (3)

photo

Hello Alyson,

The Macro engine in MindManager does not have access to the Microsoft Word Export settings.

The Quick Export default setting does export Topic Notes and you should not have to use the Custom Setting unless you want to change other settings.

If you do need to change other export settings repeatedly for newly created maps, then one suggestion would be to modify a template, export to Microsoft Word and then save the changes to the template file. After doing this, each new map you create from the template will contain your custom export settings.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Hi Alyson,

A few months ago I suggested as an additional feature the creation of a library to store custom settings for Word and Excel exports - https://community.mindmanager.com/topic/431-a-library-of-stored-word-and-excel-export-settings. This has gathered some support so if you think this approach will meet your needs please consider voting for it.

photo

Hi Alex - thank you. I agree with your suggestion and voted for it.

photo

Hi Marian,

Thank you for the information. Would I be modifying a Mindmanager template or a Microsoft Word template? Would I still need to go through the custom export process to use it?

photo

Hi Alyson,

Have a look at the WORDX addon from Olympic Software. It may already have the features you need.

Rennie

photo

Hi Alyson,

Can you clarify what you are trying to do? I just tested exporting a map with notes using quick export and the notes in the map were exported to the Word doc.

Furthermore, custom export saves the previous configuration, so once you have gone through the steps once you can just select the custom export radio button and then click the export button at the bottom of the dialog to export using the previously selected custom options.

There is a bug here because custom should already be selected if you previously used it, that would help you know that your last used settings were saved.

photo

Hi,

When I close a mindmap and open a new one/reopen the same one, the custom settings do not save. I need to be able to export just the notes. Under Map elements, I only want notes. I do not want the Map Image or the Table of Contents. I also need to select template numbering and the custom word template so that the alignment is correct in the document (everything left-aligned).

---