An improved work with relationships
Relationships are very important for visualizations, but they are not easy to add and in many cases also not easy to keep clean.
1. Add individual relationships
I suggest finding a simpler shortcut than Ctrl + Shift + R or the button on the ribbon.
Perhaps something like holding down a single button would change the properties of topics, so that our linking works exactly as in the concept map template. Therefore, a click on the "+" handles would start the linking.
2. Add many relationships at once.
That would be one possibility:
- We would select a whole group of topics that we would like to link to another topic X.
- Then we would hold down the special key and just click on the X topic. MM would link them to this X topic in one go. (or we would hold down the key and click the "+" first)
- An alternative could be even more powerful. In the moment we click on the X Topic, after we selected several subtopics, MM would offer two small options: TO or FROM the X Topic. We would choose the one that corresponds to the desired relationship direction.
3. Automatic relationship adjustment.
As soon as we move topics or collapse / expand things, relationships can look pretty bad quickly. They often do not adapt properly to the new distances. This is even worse with the concept maps, where a unfortunately relevant large part of our work has to be devoted to lots of map corrections instead of dealing with the content.
It would be really great if MM could manage to optimize the relationships automatically.These are just rough ideas, I hope you find some cool ways.
Even if I criticize such things, I would like to thank you for the otherwise excellent software!