Is it possible to merge 2 topics in one?

Cleo H. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

Sometimes I create various topics and then I need to just merge them in one, is there any way apart from copying the content from one and paste it inside the other?

Thanks a lot for your time,

4518242a621a600feca8eb869c1a1c43

Replies (3)

photo

One of the features of the MAP add-in for MindManager from Olympic Limited is a facility to combine sub-topics: https://www.olympic-limited.co.uk/mindmanager-add-ins/map-for-mindmanager/topic-actions/

photo

This is not _YET- possible.

There is an option to SPLIT topics see this help text:

Split a topic into multiple topics You can split a topic into multiple topics or multiple subtopics using spaces as a delimiter.

noteRead Note

You cannot undo this command.

Split Topic is not available in flowcharts.

1. Select the topic.
  2. On the ribbon's Advanced tab, in the Edit Topics group, click Split Topic.
  3. Select As Multiple Topics to create a group of new topics, all at the same level, or select As Multiple Subtopics to create a topic from the first word, with the other words as subtopics.

1. To split into multiple topics press CTRL+ALT+ENTER.
  2. To split into a topic with multiple subtopics press CTRL+ALT+INSERT.

Or, you can split the topic at a particular location, using the text to the right of the cursor for the new topic(s).

1. Select the topic, and click inside the topic at the location where you want to split it.
  2. On the ribbon's Advanced tab, in the Edit Topics group, click Split Topic.

1. Click the topic type you want to create with the text to the right of the cursor. If you choose one of the "Multiple" options, the text is split at the cursor location, and then into additional new topics using spaces as the delimiter.
  2. To split and create a sibling topic press ALT+SHIFT+Down.
  3. To split and create a subtopic press ALT+SHIFT+Right.

I assume Developers could provide the other way, just as easy. ;-)

photo

Hi Cleo,

active Topic "Text B" - Funktion Key F2 - Ctrl C - Return

Move up to "Text A" with arrow key or mouse click - Space bar - Shift Return to create an new paragraph - Ctrl V

Done 😀

---