SharePoint and "attached" item properties

Alexander B. shared this question 3 years ago
Discussion Open

Hi

is there a way to bind properties such as tags to the individual items after connecting SharePoint lists? Current example: a risk register with > 100 entries managed in SharePoint. I would now like to try out different categories for the list entries without having to do this in the SharePoint list.

Thx

Replies (1)

photo

Hi Alexander,

usually all items in your SP-list are imported into MindManager als properties on the topic.

We're using the SP-Linker since the first version. Can you upload an example or a screenshot. That would help.

Best, Andreas

photo

Hi Andreas,

yes, that's true. All SP columns are imported as properties. But - I now would like to play around with the SP items using custom properties that I define within MindManager. That works as long as I don't refresh the SP query e.g. to import currently added items which are not yet available in my map.

Obviously it makes a difference if I refresh a whole list or only a single item.

5a90c081eac29927ff1b06c457eb51fe

Is there a solution?

Best

Alex

photo

Hi Alex,

unfortunately changes are not synched back to SP.

The items are updated every time when you refresh the map. It makes a difference if you refresh the main-topic (whole map) or only some topics.

I reported this some months ago and still hope the SP-Linker will be updated in future.

Workaround:

1. Refresh and import you list
  2. Create a second Main-Topic with the formulas and properties you want to play
  3. Copy the imported topics as subtopic to this branch

Maybe this helps

---