How to completely uninstall MindManager for Windows

Anatolie P. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

Hi,

There is an article in Knowledge Base with the same subject https://kb.mindmanager.com/en/125389

but at step 2 the link for clean script is broken.

>Download and execute the attached registry clean script (Unzip the file, double-click it and confirm dialogues)

I am in the process of buying new version and I want to be sure that all the old registry settings and folders are deleted before I will install the new one.

I found some folders from trials in C;/Users/UserName/AppData/Local/Mindjet/MindManager

with version numbers.

I need:

1. To be able to download clean script or instructions how to clean my registry from old versions

2. Clean my C-drive or may be another drives from old folders and files.

Thanks,

Replies (1)

photo

Hello Anatoulie,

To completely uninstall MindManager, do the following -

1. Uninstall MindManager through the Windows Control Panel
  2. Delete your app data at C:/Users/UserName/AppData/Local/Mindjet/MindManager
  3. Delete the Current User registry entries under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Mindjet\MindManager
  4. Delete the Local Machine registry entries under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mindjet\MindManager

If you want any of your settings in your current version of MindManager to carry over to the new version, first install the new version before perming the steps I outlined.

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Hi,

I also found a lot of settings in Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\

For instance this setting

Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{0039733E-1312-4535-B292-68A5137FE367}\InprocServer32

I spent few hours to delete all mentions of "Mindjet" or "Mindmanager" from the registry and I install new version only after it.

I wonder why uninstall program didn't delete above mentioned files and folders. It is design to clean the system from all related objects in the system.

Thanks

photo

Hi Anatolie,

I've got an little tool to remove all regestry settings from the support team - find it attached

@Marian: Hope this still works for MM21 too 😉

Regards, Andreas

---