Match width variability and inconsistent length - bug?

Greg shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

I have 4 topics that I want to have the same width and all on one line.

All the permutations either squash up the topics or leave them unmatched.

Ask:

1/ It is not clear what the difference is between a branch and topics in the drop-down options. Can we have a consistent approach with the naming?

Issue:

What I have:

28edcdb7aef2fe5aa02d476c2817beeb

What I want to be done - done manually:

e76b0f96c77b85575ced690b69c731a6

What I get when I choose branches or topics under match width

b1be3250fd4420873ea666dad6eee950

Replies (1)

photo

To achieve what you require:

• Click Format > Match Width > Reset all widths. (When I did this in your map it resets to the preferred topic size, which is the wrapped width)
  • Manually drag the right hand end of the longest topic (Accountable) to be the width you want. The widest topic is the reference for the others.
  • Select all the siblings in that group with a lasso and click Format > Match Width > Match Width for Selected Topics. This will set the width of all selected topics to match the longest.

A "branch" refers to a topic with subtopics and will adjust all the subtopics. In your map, the following are equivalent operations:

• Selecting the four siblings (Responsible, Accountable etc.) and clicking Format > Match Width > Match Width for Selected Topics, and
  • Selecting the "Definitions" topic (branch) and clicking Format > Match Width > Match Width for Selected Branches.

---