Generate a tree view from a sharepoint list

Moritz K. shared this question 2 years ago
Discussion Open

When using the Excel Data Mapper, I can generate a tree view from a list having a column for each hierarchy level.

Let's say I have a sharepoint list, where I have linked the elements using a lookup column to each other.

So each element within the list is linked to one or more other elements. They should represent a tree-like structure (or a mindmap if you prefer).

I'm looking for a method to build a representation of these relationships in a map. But I haven't seen any filter or option to import this representation when querying the data from sharepoint.

Replies (3)

photo

Hi Moritz,

you can import SP-elements via the standard SharePoint-Linker

fe18f1fae64e1a54734b8c658a06e770

Liebe Grüße

Andreas

photo

H Andreas,

I know how to import the content of a sharepoint list, as you showed with your screenshot. However, this function will produce a long list of nodes on the same hierarchy in the map linked to a single node of the map. This is not what I need.

I want the imported list elements to be sorted into a hierarchy representing the links between the elemens in the sharepoint list. Otherwise I have to reorganize all the elements after import myself. Consider a list with more than 100 entries. You might imagine that this is very tedious.

Liebe Grüße

Moritz

photo

Hi Moritz,

thank you for your reply. I understand what you want.

So lets hope MindManager will develop the SharePoint-Linker. I see a lot of possibilities with ths old function

Liebe GRüße

Andreas

---