Task roll up from linked maps

Henrik S. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

The button "Roll up Task" is greyed for linked maps in the parent map. Is there a way to get the summary of element "Effort" from the linked map to be added automatically to the effort in the parent map?

Regards

Henrik.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Henrik,

have you linked the maps into the source map or have you use the Map Roll-up feature?

Thanks

Jan

photo

Hello Jan,

I choose "sent to" linked map for a branch. I did not use Map Roll-up.

Regards

Henrik.

photo

Hi Henrik,

The Send to... function only sends the selected topics to a new map and links the topics. What you need is the feature Map Roll-up in menu Advanced (Erweitert). This feature allows you to get the information from various source maps and refresh them. Here also the task info from the source maps is transferred to the parent map and can be used here.

To do this select a topic in the parent map and Insert New Map Roll-up

df17b034c7016090e806b267d6328b2e

Select now the source map and then the topic/branch which should be rolled-up:

29ed55ec11cd0880bc1b78b58f52d1f6

A roll-up topic is a business topic which contains specific functions, here to show also the subtopics (Show Topic and Branch) and the possibility to Refresh Map Roll-up:

89010f81050211f943d43c2237de9975

The task info from the source maps can be used now in the parent map. When task info is changed in the source maps it will be updated when you Refresh Map-Roll-up. In addition a link to the rolled-up topic in the source map is automatically created.

There is also the possibility to automatically Refresh Map Roll-ups when the map is opened:

e5e78959ded276d2320d86b0f247f16f

I hope this information was helpful.

Jan

photo

Hello Jan,

Many thanks for your detailed explanation. The Map Roll-up is exactly what I need!

Regards

Henrik.

---