How do I get links to appear as small icons on the right hand side of the topics?

Boris S. shared this question 2 years ago
Answered

On MindManager 20 at work, the links I add appear as small icons on the right of my rectangular topics. I have just bought MindManager 21 for my home use. In Mind Manager 21 the links I add appear at the bottom of the topic and take up lots of the topic real-estate. How do I get them to appear as small icons on the right-hand side on Mind Manager 21. I can't see where this is configured.

Replies (1)

photo

MindManager 21 introduces - and defaults to - the “Modern” topic info display option. The previous display style is now called “Legacy”. To switch between the two start by doing one of the following (and I’m quoting from the User Guide here):

• Right-click a Topic Info Box, and choose Topic Info Display Settings.
  • Right-click a topic, click the Topic Info drop-down on the mini-toolbar, and choose Topic Info Display Settings OR
  • Select a topic, click the View tab, and click the Topic Info drop-down, and choose Topic Info Display Settings.

Then choose a Topic Info Box display style - enable the Legacy option to display topic info as it appeared in MindManager 2020.1 and earlier or the Modern option to use the default style.

photo

Thanks, Alex. I will give that a go when I get home.

photo

Legacy mode is not required to show links on the right of the topic.

If you prefer to continue using modern topic info, which has other benefits, you can check the box titled Show topic controls on the right, just make sure Link Titles is unchecked.

8ee1b8f1264a943fe879c95035e4090a

Note that this will also cause other topic controls like Notes and Attachments to appear on the right of the topic.

photo

Thanks Sia, I used this successfully yesterday evening.

---