Improve the usability of topic tags
Here are a few suggestions to improve the usability of tags, based on my ideas and one or two suggested on this forum:
- Provide a facility to apply the same colour easily to groups of tags. This could be done by allowing tag group names to be coloured and then making this colour the default for tags within the group (though this default colour should be capable of being overridden for individual tags).
- Make tag colour available as a criterion in filters and as a trigger in SmartRules.
- Provide a third option for the display of tag group names in the Modern topic info display style. At the moment, the options are either to hide the group name or to show it on every tag. There should be an additional option to show group names as headings, as you can still do with the Legacy style.
- As has been suggested before, make it possible to change the order of tag groups manually and to sort them alphabetically.
- Make it possible to export selected marker groups and the lists of matching topic names, as well as the whole index.