[FR] One-Button Export from MindManager to Markdown with File Path, pls help.

krsto e. shared this question 29 days ago
Discussion Open

Hello everyone,

I'm seeking a way to streamline the export of topic branches from MindManager to Markdown files for use with Obsidian. My current method involves manually copying the topic to a clipboard and pasting it into a Markdown file, which maintains the structured indentation compatible with Obsidian.

Current Steps:

1. Copy the main topic branch.
  2. Open and paste into a .md file in a text editor.

I want to automate this by adding a "Markdown Path" property to topics, specifying the file path for automatic saving. Does anyone know how to create a one-button solution that leverages this property for direct exporting?

Any advice on scripting or plugins for this functionality would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

example:

mindmanager:

411ba00cfde8fc3600bd4968f491398f

copy, and then pasted into notepad++:

919b0a1d57801362e80f70ebd915cfc4

opened by obsidian (/w outliner plugin):

that indeep it could be folded up:

41752f70275c25438123794e8ce5c12b

in this way obsidian quite function alike mindmanager, in that it can use fold to condense the info, and you can expand individual branches one by one as you like.

if you can tolerate [[ xxx ]] or other identifiers being added to the plain txt in mindmanager, then quite many things could function in the .md file e.g. bilinks using [[ xxx ]], hyperlinks, footnotes etc etc.

thanks

Replies (2)

photo

temp solution:

in obsn, use advanced URL to get a link, then insert into mm, so when u click on it, obsn will open it automatically.

so you just need to copy the mm's main topic, then paste as text into obsn.

photo

Ever tried export to OPML?

photo

tried, opml is some sort of XML, obsidian dont need that.

the best way,

is when i simply ctrl+c mindmap into clipbaord, then paste as text into obsidian or other notepads.

in this way they are indented text.

and everyone (obsidian, any notepad software) could treat that as a tree like structure, as above

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file