Zählen von untergeordneten Unterzweigen

Lars T. shared this question 7 days ago
Discussion Open

Nach dem Zusammenklappen von Zweigstrukturen werden diese Grundsätzlich bis zur letzten Ebene gezählt und dargestellt.

Ich möhte aber gern die Anzahl von Zweigen zählen und darstellen lassen, die sich direkt unter dem markierten Zweig befinden,

Ich komme nicht auf die Lösung. Es muss doch eine geben. Oder?

Replies (1)

photo

Hallo Lars,

ohne Rechner und MindManager aus dem Kopf🤔

SmartRules - Eigenschaft mit Wert für die Ebene vergeben

Formel - Anzahl der festgelegten Eigenschaft

Probier mal aus. Morgen Abend bin ich wieder am Rechner und schaue noch einmal nach.

photo

Actually if all you want to do is count the number of child topics only you don't need to use the topic level facility, or a SmartRule.

You will however need to add a numeric property to all topics in the map with a value of 1. If we call this property "Check", then go to the parent property and add something like the following formula; [Children Total]=COUNT(Children.[Check]).

A calculated property will be added to the parent topic which will show the count of only the child topics of that topic, and not all descendants (actually the formula is counting the instances of the "Check" topic property, but if all topics and subtopics in the map have this property the result is the same).

The formula is dynamic and the count will change as child topics are added or subtracted. The formula can also be edited to change the topic range to show, for example, the count of siblings, ancestors, etc. of a specific topic.

photo

Hallo Alex, hallo René,

vielen Dank für Eure Vorschläge.

Ich muss damit noch mal "in die Denk-Werkstatt". Ich möchte gern nur einen Zweig, also einen kleinen Teil durchzählen lassen. Dazu muss eine SmartRule auf einen Zweig begrenzbar sein.

Das Vorgehen mit der Formel "Anzahl" ist auch charmant, macht aber Sinn bei ganz neuen Konstruktionen. Bei bestehenden müsste ich alle Zweige (selektiv) mit der Eigenschaft versehen.

Ich beobachte das eine Weile. Es wäre aber insgesamt sinnvoll, eine solche Formel zu haben, welche einen selektierten Zweigbestand dynamisch beobachtet und die tatsächliche Vorgangszahl darstellt.

photo

Hi Lars,

I’m not at my computer at the moment but I think it would be possible to assign a tag or a property to subtopics in a specific branch and at a specific level using a SmartRule with “topic belongs to branch” and topic level as the triggers, then count these subtopics using the formula I described. I’ll have a look at this tomorrow.

photo

Hi Lars,

My last suggestion turns out to be slightly more complicated than I expected, but there might be another simpler way. It depends on whether you already have either a task priority or a numeric topic property in the topics in the specific branch which you wish to count. If that's the case then you can adapt the formula I posted earlier to count either the task priority (it doesn't matter what the priority is) or the topic property in the child topics of the relevant parent topic - there is no need to add another topic property.

So, if you use the task priority option, the formula would be simply [Children Total]=COUNT(Children.Priority). incidentally it doesn't matter what the priority is, just as long as there is one.

Unfortunately this is the only task attribute you can use in this way, so if you don't have either a task priority or a numeric topic property you will need to add something like the "check" property I mentioned earlier - and as you point out this means adding this property to every topic in the map.

photo

Hi Alex,

große Klasse! Ich bin nach diesem Muster vorgegangen. Ist mir direkt etwas unangenehm; ich hätte auch selbst drau kommen können. Vllt. wirkt die Chemotherapie noch nach... :-)

Vielen Dank ud einen schönen Tag!

Lars

photo

Hi Lars,

Thanks, but don't worry about not discovering this earlier yourself - it's not the most obvious way to count a specific group of sub-topics and I had to experiment quite a bit to find it.

In theory you could also use any of the other task attributes but for various reasons they are not as reliable as the count of task priorities. I do wish MindManager would make it easier to count subtopics at different levels.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file