OID Changes After Splitting and Bilinking Maps in MindManager

krsto e. shared this question 9 days ago
Discussion Open

Has anyone experienced topic OIDs changing after splitting a large map and bilinking in MindManager? For instance, the OID for the same topic changed from mmap#oid={7638D24E-3D5B-4841-8C15-A65FB0F2D969} to mmap#oid={09C56C96-7A60-4865-A390-9DCE533A3102} after the split. Any insights on preventing this?

this completely ruin my system that URL::/path/file.mmap+oid as a unique handler. thanks

Replies (2)

photo

currently, if you split the map (Send a topic to a new map), for topic A, it's "URL" will change from path1/filename1/topic-oid-A to

(path2)/filename2/topic-oid-B whcih i will completely lost where the topic 's identify.

if it can keep as topic-oic-A, even it is now path2/filename2/topic-oid-A, i could still use macro to find it out.

i'll say this is more like a bug.

photo

The OID is the topic Guid in registry format. I guess that splitting a map uses Cut & Paste internally to move topics to another map. Paste always assigns new Guids, because you may be pasting copies of existing topics, so existing Guids cannot be re-used.

photo

thanks for reply, i found a way to overcome it:

---

I found a way to retain the original topic OID in MindManager when isolating a topic into a new file:

1. Duplicate the Original Map: Copy path1/filename1.mmap to path2/filename2.mmap.
  2. Remove Non-Essential Topics: In the new map at path2/filename2.mmap, delete all topics except for the one you're interested in (with OID topic-oid-A).
  3. Manage the New Map: You now have a streamlined map containing only the necessary topic with its original OID, making it easier to manage.

This method ensures the topic's OID remains unchanged, allowing for consistent tracking and management.

i.e. dont use the build in "send to new file" function,

manualy

copy, rename, del, del, hyperlink, hyperlink.

sigh

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file