Using MindManager for Structured Conversations with AI: A Superior Method?

krsto e. shared this idea 19 days ago
Voting Open

As you've probably experienced with large language models (LLMs), conversations typically flow in a Q&A format. However, often a question relates to a response that isn't the immediately preceding one. This is where MindManager shines over typical markdown methods used for documenting such interactions.

With MindManager, not only can you hyperlink two related points irrespective of their sequence, but you can also position them accordingly within your document. This spatial arrangement is complemented by the ability to collapse text, simplifying the process of locating specific questions or responses — a significant advantage over linear markdown formatting.

Furthermore, MindManager allows for enhanced organization through the use of tags and notes, features not typically available in markdown-based applications. This additional layer of sorting and categorizing can be pivotal when navigating through complex dialogues.

Despite these advantages, the high cost of MindManager might be a barrier, limiting its widespread adoption compared to more accessible tools like Obsidian, Typora, or Notepad++.

Replies (1)

photo

Yes for me its the superior method and good quality has a price.

photo

lack of popularity hurts, on youtube, on bilibili,

i saw how other seniors taught how to use anki, chatgpt paired with obsidian, notion, loqseq etc etc.

anki and chatgpt/claude are the quite standardized UNIQUE one that you have no GOOD alternatives (except you use supermemo instead of anki).

ps: anki is an electronic flash card system, help you to memorize. like decks of cards but in e form.

the note taking app, it's the replace-able one.

although to me mm is No.1 and cant be replaced by freeplane etc,

the high prize do limit popularity and hence less ppl talk about it, share about how to use it.

popularity only helps, just like windows vs linux.

sigh

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file