Befüllen von Smart Shapes

Lars T. shared this question 50 days ago
Discussion Open

Es ist mir schon unangenehm, nach 20 Jahren MindManager-Anwendung diese Frage zu stellen. Aber tatsächlich habe ich erst heute Bedarf an der Nutzung von SmartShapes. Konkret Trichter.

Wie trage ich Texte oder Ziffern in die Felder ein?

Ich verstehe es nicht...

Vielen Dank für die Unterstützung!

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Lars

The SmartShapes are just background shapes. You can add text by placing floating topics on top of them.

If you right-click on the border of a SmartShape you can enable the option "Topic Container". This means that when you move the SmartShape, all the topics within its borders will also move.

photo

Also if you right click on a Smart Shape the context menu should appear. Tick Show Titles and the SmartShape default name should appear at the top of the shape, along with the default names for each funnel segment or swim lane either above or to the left of it. You can then click on and edit these titles. With funnels and swim lanes you can also change the location, alignment and orientation of the shape name as well as the name itself by right clicking on the shape and selecting Rename from the context menu.

These commands also work with regular shapes. Unfortunately however, tables seem to work a bit differently and while you name them as well as individual cells these names don't seem to appear and there is no Show Titles option in the context menu. I think this may be a bug in V23, as I seem to recall being able to do this in earlier versions.

Please note also that none of these options provide the ability to place a lane or segment name within the lane or segment. To do this you will have to either follow Nick's suggestion of floating a topic on top of each segment. Alternatively you can add a text box to each shape, or segment, lane or cell in a table; this is a useful way to overcome the naming issues with the latter. To keep these names in place if the shape moves, select this text box and the shape, right click to get the context menu, select Group and click on Group in the resulting sub-menu.

photo

Hello Alex

As far as I know, tables don't have separate row and column titles. Normally you allow an extra row or column for the title cells.

Custom names for cells are not displayed in the table but are used by the Map Index > Elements page and also by the Smart Rules editor when setting up a trigger based on topic location.

photo

Hi Nick,

That's handy to know and I can understand the logic. It would be useful though if at least the table name could be shown in the same way that names given to other Smart Shapes are visible.

Ideally, there should also be an option to show the name of a Smart Shape segment, lane or cell inside it without having to resort to a floating topic or text box.

photo

Hallo zusammen,

ich werde ersteinmal die Vorschläge probieren. Vielen Dank bis hierher!

Viele Grüße

Lars Thomsen

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file