"Auto-fit Topic Properties" behavior sometimes reverts when MindManager restarts

T A. shared this question 2 months ago
Discussion Open

I've just started using MM2023, and I've noticed a behavior that's driving me up the wall. The topics in my maps all have multiple properties, and I need property names and values to be visible while I work. I have the "Auto-fit Topic Properties" option selected (I used View> Expand all and Select all to make sure it was set on all topics). However, if I close MindManager and restart it, there's a good chance that when I reopen the map all the property names and values are partially obscured. When I right-clicked on the Properties icon for one of these topics, the "Auto-fit" options was still selected. If I turned it off and then turned it on again, the property names were visible again. However, doing this repeatedly for an entire map gets tedious fast.

It doesn't happen if I close and reopen a file without closing MindManager, and it doesn't happen every time I close and reopen MindManager. Am I missing something?

Replies (4)

photo

Additional information: I have several custom map parts that include topics that have properties. They all have the "Auto-fit" setting enabled. In spite of this, when I add the map part to the map the properties in the new topics are obscured as if "Auto-fit" is disabled. I have to de-select and reselect the "Auto-fit" setting for each newly added topic.

photo

Hi,

Could you reproduce the issue with a new map and adding the properties from scratch? If you only see the issue with a specific map or when you only use specific map parts can you you attach them? it could be releated to map content

Thanks,

Alex

photo

Did some experimentation--Problem mainly seems to be with maps from MM2020 (Legacy view in MM2023), and in new maps, map parts created in MM2020. In new maps (legacy view or modern view) I added a map part that had multiple topics--some topics were affected and some weren't. When I added the same map part to the older map, all topics from the map part were affected. (Unfortunately, I can't attach the map parts for company reasons.)

However, I did find a workaround--if I start MindManager and open an affected file (or add a map part), if I close the file *without closing MindManager* and then reopen it, the issue goes away. All properties display correctly. At least this workaround reduces the severity of the problem from "aggravating" to "mildly annoying."

photo

Do you have any other topic attributes in the topics which affected? e.g. attachments, topic notes, links, task info etc. If so, please specify them

Leave a Comment

Attach a file