Is there a hotkey to mark Tasks as being "100%" completed (i.e. "Task done")?

John S. shared this question 3 months ago
Answered

Hello

Is there a hotkey to mark a task topic as being 100% done (i.e. "Task Done")?

The closest that I can find is: "Control + Alt + P" but that only increments the 'completed-ness'. And if I increment past 100% it goes back to being 0%. And so if I have a large number of tasks selected at once and they are all at different stages, it's impossible to mark them all simultaneously as being 100% done.

Thanks

J

Replies (4)

photo

UPDATE:

I have discovered a workaround which is to use the Priority markers and set up a Smart Rule to change the Progress.

e.g. If I set the Priority to as specific value (e.g. "9") - which can be achieved using the hotkey Control+Shift+9 - I can set up a Smart Rule to change the Progress to 100% (i.e. "Task Done").

[Of course the slight problem is that the Topic now has a Priority flag (of 9 in my case) visible, and if I try to hide Icons then I now can't see my Progress icons!]

Surely that has to be a better way, no?

J

photo

Correction: Surely *there* has to be a better way, no?

photo

Hi John,

I agree, there should be a simpler way, but I can't find one. It is likely possible that you can do this with a macro but I'll let others advise on that.

However, there is a slight variation on your workaround which may look better than having a priority flag, especially if you are already using these. You can go to the Library, and under Background Images select an icon which is less intrusive. Click on it and then assign a shortcut key to it from the context menu (you have options of Ctrl + 1 to Ctrl + 9 to choose from) to show task completion using your approach of a SmartRule, as per the following example:

80344addc54b6d70e8424c1c2528bcbe

Edit: forgot to add you then need to add the selected icon to an icon group (if it not already present) in the Map Index for easy access.

Also, one obvious disadvantage to consider of using a SmartRule linked to the 100% Complete icon is that you have to remove the icon to change the task status if you want to change the priority to something other than 100%,.

photo

See my later comment for an alternative approach

photo
photo

Actually, there IS a simpler way (albeit one not involving hotkeys)!

This was bugging me, so I played with it a bit more. All you need to do is:

1. Select the topics you wish to show as 100% complete (they will need to have a Progress icon at any stage of completion).
  2. Right click on the Progress icon in one of the selected topics (you have to click specifically on the progress icon, not anywhere else in the topic).
  3. In the context menu click on the Task done icon, which will then be applied to the selected topics.

This method can also be used to apply any other progress icon to a group of topics. You can also apply the same method to Priority icons, though these of course have Smartkeys as well.

photo

Yes, your "simpler way" is a reasonable solution for ticking multiple Tasks at once - as it doesn't happen all that often in practice.

However I would still much prefer to have a hotkey solution even for individual Tasks, but I have had trouble with the icons solution:

1. I have created my own icon files (using icoconvert.com) but when I import the into the library, the right-click on it, there is no "Shortcut Key" menu option on it. [What size/sizes of pixels does Mindmanager require from an icon file?]

2. If I am to be compelled to use an existing icon file, because it is a icon, if I opt to "hide icons" in Mindmanager then I can not longer see my task's Progress. [A small point, but what doesn't help is that I can't find a grey tick icon...]Any thoughts?

J

EDIT: P.S. It gets stranger. If I go to Library Task Pane (on the right of screen) ==> Icons, on about half of the icons, if I right-click to get a context menu, although I can drag the icon on a task on my map, there is no "Shortcut Key" option. Clue: The "Open" menu option is also failing. Instead I get an error saying "The file is not associated with an application"

Leave a Comment

Attach a file