Issues Using MindManager for Organizing My Photography Projects

Alexabhatti shared this question 2 months ago
Discussion Open

Hi everyone,

I need some help with MindManager. I'm trying to use it to organize my photography projects, but I'm having some trouble. Here’s what I’m dealing with:

1. **Creating a Photography Project Template:**
- I want to create a template to organize my projects, including planning shoots, editing schedules, and tracking progress. However, I'm not sure how to set this up correctly in MindManager. Does anyone have a simple template or tips on creating one?

2. **Adding and Organizing Photos:**
- I'm trying to add my photos to the project maps, but I'm finding it a bit confusing. How do I properly upload and organize my photos within MindManager? Is there an easier way to view and categorize them?

3. **Scheduling and Reminders:**
- I need to schedule shoots and editing sessions and get reminders. How can I use MindManager for scheduling tasks and setting reminders? Are there any specific features that work well for this?

4. **Collaborating with Team Members:**
- Sometimes I work with other photographers and editors. How can I share my MindManager maps with my team and allow them to edit and update the projects?

I would really appreciate any advice, templates, or tips from anyone who has experience using MindManager for photography. Thanks a lot for your help 🥰!

Best,

Replies (1)

photo

Hopefully someone who has used MindManager to support their photography will make a more detailed response, but in the meantime I’ll make a few general comments:

1. If you are new to MindManager I strongly advise that you learn as much as you can before trying to design complex maps. There are plenty of resources to help with this here: https://www.mindmanager.com/en/resources/. The Biggerplate website also has plenty of templates, though as far as I can see none directly related to photography: https://www.biggerplate.com.
  2. I would not attempt to store photos directly in a map as it will rapidly become unusable, especially if you are saving photos in RAW. Instead, store them elsewhere and save links in the map.
  3. MindManager is a great task manager but is a little more problematic to use as a scheduler. The way it sets up appointments for tasks of less than a day’s duration is somewhat obtuse. I won’t go into the technical details here but if you are trying to set up multiple appointments during the day with split second timing then MindManager probably isn’t the best option. However if you are doing one shoot a day then you can probably make it work for you.
  4. It’s easy to set up and share maps for others to look at on a read-only basis, but if you want them to be able to edit the maps then you you will need multiple licences, there are various options available including Enterprise and web-based, but bear in mind that they will have to learn how to use the program as well.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file