Export HTML 5 do not work (JavaScript is required) when not on hard disk

frederic e. shared this question 3 months ago
Answered

Hi Team

I love HTML 5 export, but so far when I put the HTML file outside of my hard disk, I constantly have this error message :

JavaScript is required

Javascript is enabled (Edge) I wanted to know what kind of tuning I could do on my browser, or if it is just not a supported scenario. I tested on one drive, sharepoint, etc.

Thanks a lot for your help !

Replies (9)

photo

Have you tried to place the HTML5 file to the cloud space you want FROM the desktop app?

photo

Hi Ary,

If I open the file locally it works perfectly. As soon as I switch from "c:" to "http", the browser generates this error.

In this case I use the same browser and same settings.

Is it the test you were asking ?

Thanks a lot.

photo

Hi Frederic,

If the HTML5 file is hosted on SharePoint or OneDrive, JavaScript is most likely being suppressed. In this case, it would be best to Publish your Map and share the link with recipients or add the URL to a SharePoint site.

If you are a MindManager Enterprise customer, you can also install the MindManager for SharePoint Reader Application, which allows for easy viewing of .mmap stored in SP Document libraries by simply clicking the title and view in browser.

Best regards,

-Marian

photo

Hi all

Thanks a lot.

Unfortunatly I can't publish the MAP as the readers don't have a licence.. I also don't have admin rights on sharepoint, but I have it on my one drive where it fails.

Do you mean tha the "javascript inside the file generanred by mindmanager" is causing the problem ? Could we (if this is the case) ask the Product group an update on this, as it is a standard scenario.

Thanks again.

Fred

photo

In that case, there is a simpler way.

Instead of using the HTML5 export use the Publish function.

It is in the Insert ribbon on the right.

It will save your HTML5 map in a secure cloudservice - There is a location in Europe and one in USA -

You simply share the link and your readers can see.

It can be password protected, so you are in control

I share a little example here (in dutch) but it is the functionality you want.

https://share.mindmanager.com/#publish/gjB74UzxUsLImQAwc28mPXojOfDKMFaxWYQ9ArUq

photo

Publishing as Ary described is the best way to go, and just to correct a misconception in your previous comment to don’t need a licence to view a published HTML5 map.

photo

Hi all, I appreciate your comment.

If I understand correcly the file will be "hosted" on the internet, but not on my own location.. but on mind manager site.

Unfortunatly this breaks internal security rules... this scenario unfortunatly is not possible forme.

A way to tweak this approach and store it on a sharepoint (teams) site ? I use ondreive for test, but company's secured place is TEAMS.

Thanks a lot again.

photo

Storing via SAVE or SAVE-AS in TEAMS is standard.

There is even a special TEAMS product that is designed to do it all for you.

dfa77fdb736aa1802301f51f3a5d0d85

If it does not work at your site, your admin may have decided to block it.

photo

Hi Ary

Yes I know this component, but TEAMs is not a corporate solution so the TEAMS "team" do not have this component, this is why I am trying to use HTML5 to display the MAP .

Thanks

fred

Leave a Comment

Attach a file