Task checkbox - on or off

JamesAK shared this question 3 months ago
Answered

Afternoon all

I have topics that I have turned into tasks. I want to display a checkbox that denotes whether the task is incomplete or complete. I'm quite certain this used to be possible in versions long ago.

I do not want to have to cycle through the 4-stage progression button.

Can anyone help?

Ta.

Replies (3)

photo

Yes you can.
You can create your own little group of just two checkboxes and make those mutual exclusive.

You find it under mapindex

c32c5442ce97902b122ec266f891b58b

photo

You can also delete the intermediate Task Progress icons in the map index pane, just leaving the 0% and 100% values.

photo

Thank you Ari and Nick.

I'm going with Nick's solution - less complexity. I can't believe how easy that is and why it's not included in any kind of help documentation.

photo

Hi James,

Nick’s solution is the better choice if you don’t need to use intermediate task progress status anywhere else n the map and if you either including the task done/not done status in map roll-up or if you are not using roll-up at all.

However, if you would like to to have a simple checklist for specific tasks while using a more complex task status elsewhere and/or if you want to isolate this checklist from the map roll-up, Ary’s solution is better. You can also use this approach with the relevant icons to create checklists with “traditional” checkbox symbols, and there is also the potential using topic properties to establish a completion threshold for the checklist back into the map roll-up.

I wrote an article on some of these techniques a few years ago which you might find useful: https://sociamind.com/2021/09/30/setting-up-alternative-checklists-in-mindmanager/

---