Maximum map size?

detlef.huss shared this question 4 months ago
Discussion Open

Is there a maximum size for the maps? For the time being, I haven't encountered such, but I'm now on a voyage new to me, by creating a quite large process map (size 4 x A0, triple digit number of steps.

At early version of the MindManager, almost 30 years ago, there was a limitation of 1 x 1 meter. This does not exist anymore, as I'm able to print the before mentioned process map on my A1 printer from 1 to 40 pages, which scales fine.

Replies (2)

photo

Hello Detlef,

I have no idea. 😉

But I wish you much success for your project.

Can you give us any information about it?

René

photo

I was yesterday able to upgrade the MindManager to 64 Bit width, tx to the support. Based on W10 64 Bit, I needed to uninstall MindManager, MS 365, including languages DE and EN, OneNote, in both languages too, Visio and finally Project. Then a complete new installation of MS 365, with explicit 64 Bit option, plus MindManager on top. All that took more than one hour. ;-)

I had yesterday morning a few crashes "Not enough memory" and support gave me the hint to upgrade. For the time being it works fine, let's cross fingers.

Unless I wont come back here, 64 Bit width is the solution and there seem to be no more a size restrictions of maps.

photo

I'm exploring how to effectively use MindManager for long-term life management, storing my mind maps on a NAS with stable URLs to ensure consistent access. I’m considering the challenge of balancing between creating new maps annually while still maintaining access to data from previous years, especially for ongoing projects like studying that span multiple years. One idea I’m considering is the use of a "roll up" map feature. For example, integrating the 2023 map into the 2024 map either annually or by specific topics. This method would ideally be automated to enhance efficiency. I’m seeking insights on how to best implement this strategy or any alternative suggestions.

photo

Interesting idea! Pls consider, that the data format may change. Usually such is being announced together with a new version. Such happened over the decades only a very few times. In such situation, it required to open the old files and resave it in the new data format, e.g. legacy *.mmp to current *.mmap.

---