Mac 23.0.169 Insert Link Files or Folder

Peter T. shared this question 21 days ago
Discussion Open

1. The insert folder link action behaves differently in I Cloud and One Drive. In I Cloud I can link to a folder. In One Drive I can only link to a file.

2. I would like to see the map populate with the files in the folder automatically, both from maps on my local computer and maps in cloud storages. How can do that? I never used the map part file explorer which, from what I have read did that. I have MindManager files stored in many places and want to build a meta map with topics for each stored location which then automatically list all the maps in a folder.

3. the same function would be good for any folder like my documents or any other folder with files in it, Mac or PC. The capability is probably there but I cannot find how to do it.

Replies (3)

photo

This used to work in the Windows version.

AND

I would love to have it again, since it will make MindManager, with the SNAP-app, the best suited tool for the Building your Second Brain method describved by Tiago Forte. https://fortelabs.com/

Personal Knowledge Management is probably the most important use case for MindManager. so YES

photo

Hello Peter,

for local saved files you can use the Map-part File-Liker. It does what you want.

For files in OneDrive or SharePoint use the SharePoint Linker in the advanced tap.

This only works for windows not for Mac.

Regards, Andreas

photo

Thanks for the info, Three years ago after 20 years of windows I switched to macs. I still use and have windows computers. I see that the windows version has many more options. However I cannot see how to add the Apple ICloud location on the windows version. That is where I have three years of mac created maps. Can I do that from a windows machine?

photo

Apple iCloud is not added yet. Maybe a licensing issue with Apple 🤔

photo

hmm thanks. Another niggle in the windows v apple challenge.

photo
Leave a Comment

Attach a file