Drag & Drop not working on MM23

brendasstone shared this question 45 days ago
Discussion Open

I just started using MM23 on my Win 11 computer. I have been using MM since before 2005, so I am familiar with the program and have been dragging and dropping for several years now.

I cannot drag and drop topics. Cut and paste, yes. But I need to be able to drag and drop them.

EDITING TO ADD: I am not using a tablet or touch screen. I am using a mouse and a laptop without touch screen.

Replies (4)

photo

Hello,

I cannot reproduce this issue and Drag & Drop is working fine on my end. I noticed in your video that your mouse cursor is focused on the center of the topic when attempting to drag.

Try focusing on the border of the topic and waiting for the cursor to look like this before dragging. 2803854c4b25dfa22f5d32d1921b5668

photo

Did you have any odd error messages before this? I have experienced Drag & Drop dying following the random message "The parameter is incorrect". Does it work if you restart MindManager? Does it happen on specific maps?

photo

I just upgraded as well and I am unable to drag and drop new topics

photo

I can reproduce this using version 23.2.209 (32-bit) but only in specific cases. For example, the situation shown in your video where you have an org chart map and try to drag a main topic across the map to be added on the right-hand side does not work, nor does dropping the topic onto the last topic and selecting the Drop as Sibling Topic After option.

However, going in the opposite direction, ie dragging a main topic to be added on the left-hand side, does work, as does dropping the topic on the first topic and selecting Drop as Sibling Topic Before.

Also, if you try to drag a subtopic to be a new main topic on the right of an Org Chart map, it gets added as a main topic on the left instead. Adding it on the left side seems to work as expected.

The other layouts I've tried so far don't seem to be affected, but I haven't tested them all. However, even if it only affects org charts this is an annoying bug.

Leave a Comment

Attach a file