I want to be able to force a Layout to be 'Left Map'

gslade_2 shared this idea 3 years ago
Voting Open

Sometimes (especially on a floating topic canvis) the 'Adaptive' Layout adopts a Right Map format and you cannot get it to change/adopt a Left Format layout. I'd like to be able to force a Left Map format when this occurs (like you can with the Right Map format)

Replies (2)

photo

I'm not sure if you are talking about the whole map layout, or just the layout of the subtopics of floating topics within a map.

For whole maps, the MAP add-in for the Windows version of MindManager has a Left Map facility. For floating topics, the default layout of seems to be determined by whether they are on the left or right of the centre vertical axis of the central topic; left for the former, right for the latter.

While you can change the layout for floating topics, there isn't a left option. However, you can choose Flowchart which will allow you to add topics in any direction, though these won't technically be subtopics as they are linked by relationship lines. This will probably only be an issue if you want to roll up on the floating topic or use formulas referencing subtopics.

photo

Left maps could be used for Root Cause Analysis and Ishikawa / Fishbone equivalent diagrams.

---